It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Carroll to get contract?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Manchester United could spring a surprise by signing Roy Carroll to a three-year contract.

Negotiations had stalled with the Northern Ireland international and it was expected that he would leave under the Bosman Ruling in the summer.

With Tim Howard already penning fresh terms and Sir Alex Ferguson likely to bring a new goalkeeper into the club, as has been previously confirmed by chief executive David Gill, any decision to retain Carroll would seem a little puzzling.

link

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i dunno, he aint a world class keeper or anything, hes alright and thats about it..

howard signed a new deal too, so does this mean man utd wont be on the lookout for a new keeper?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Carroll makes too many mistakes, Howard is the better keeper, he just needs to get his confidence back.

I think they should let him go and sign a world class keeper like Given.

TRD

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Howard is definatly better than Carroll... I can't see them hanging on to him and they could make a bid to sign Given. They have had keeper problems for awhile now and they need to sign someone who will be a bit more consistant.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Well he has gone now! Wigan are interested in taking him back.

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Wigan? That would be a good move for the club, but i would like to see West Ham make a move for him...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i can see him in a lower half club, hes not cut out to be a top 1st team keeper, west ham or wigan is interesting but west ham have decent keepers esp Walker who impresses me

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
is that walker the guys whos tiny? but is actually alrite?

hmmm.... Carroll. he was average. nothing special and yer, i can see it happening at Wigan.

though. Neimi is leaving the Saints cos they down, i wonder when that happens. is Carroll going to go there?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
He wouldnt want to step down a division and i dont think he will do, i think he will still be in the premiership.

Niemi would be a great catch for a top side such as Arsenal hint hint Mr Wenger or possibly Man Utd

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Walker is an alright keeper, a good shot stopper, but a bot on the small side i guess...

A bit of useless information is that Walker is the ONLY player to win promotion from all the league divisions up to the premier league...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
yer. neimi for arsenal would be a great signing. i think thats been talked of before too right?

and yip. after been at man utd. i aint sure he wold want to drop down a division. though, he might need to if he wants to play.

and hey... notieced what you said TRD.

did Finnan not do that aswell?

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Not as far as i no... They actually said it on Sky Sports when the game was on so it must be true lol!

new topics

top topics

join