It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Fergie slams Van nistlerooy Real talk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
will van nistlerooy leave? is rooney now the top dog up front at old trafford?

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has angrily rejected reports linking Ruud van Nistelrooy with a move to Real Madrid in a swap for Michael Owen.

Reports in Spain and England have claimed that United had approached Real about a possible swap deal involving van Nistelrooy and Owen.

Ferguson has slammed the suggestions and insists they would not be looking to try and sell van Nistelrooy.

link

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
with him and rooney upfront, if i was fergie i would be doing everything you possibly can to keep it that way.

i think real are always going to be linked with him, and the talk with owen these days thers always going to be stories of deals etc.

i think van donkey face will be there for a few more years to come

TRD

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You think he will stay?

He doesn't look the same player to me, too many injurys for my liking. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold him for good money, they have Rooney, Saha and Smith, but if they do sell they could go after Defoe, AJ or someone else...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
yer. i think he will stay,

he has scored soo many goals for them, and his record in europe is amazing. i think he is better than saha. and smith, aint there talk of him going to leave cos he cant get a game?

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Not too sure, but you know what Fergie is like and if they have had a little fall out, he could be on his way.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i guess when you think of big money buys, Veron just didnt work out and he got punted pretty quicly. and him being the 2nd most expensive signing they have made.

so fergie wouldnt be affraid to punt him just cos hes well known and a high profile player. i feel hes offfered soo much though to man utd, bar this season that he merits to stay.

i think though, the way its looking rooney and ronaldo are more of a first team choice than the van nistlerooy is

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sell him, his record is amazing but injuries and approachin 30 are not in his favour. Rooney is the future of world football so it doesn't matter who he plays with. I really like Smithy and would love to see him starting, the fans love him to bits already.

I don't think a combination of Van Man/Rooney Van Man/Smith really works. He plays well with Saha where as the other three can all mix together.

Depends who he goes for as a fourth striker Defoe is a fox in the box but on the small size so you would lack a physical presence playing 4-4-2. If he goes continental with the tactics then him or Owen would be a good choice. £m plus Owen for Van Man, sounds like a good deal!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I agree!

Sell him.

The injurys are taking thier toll and as teflon stated, he isn't getting any younger. It could be time to cash in on him why they can still get decent money for him. The swop deal for Owen plus cash would be a great move if they could manage to pull it off. Owen and Rooney do play well together, just look at them playing for England. They would be such a force in the Prem league and would terrorize defences.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I don't think he is pulling his weight apart from the goals, you need to be committed to Utd to play at Old Trafford and the fans love a workhorse like Smithy.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sell him! I agree...

He looks a patch of what he was before and if they can get cash for him, then i would snatch anyones hand off for it. This swop deal for Owen would be ok if Real don't want money aswell.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
yer, it sounds like a good idea,

hey. have you got this typed up and sent to Fergie's suggestion box Teflon

the ammount of strikers linked with Real though, what one do they really want?

he does get alot of injuries and i dont think this 4 3 3 system suits him at man utd

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The system suits him because he is getting all the chance, the problem is he isn't scoring like he used to and you need someone at the point of the formation to do a lot of running which he doesn't do.

He was rubbish in the cup final.

[Edited on 5/25/2005 by TeflonDon]

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He has been rubbish since he came back from injury and didn't Fergie rush him back? He might get back to his old self next season, well they need him to if they don't sell him and maybe its worth selling him now then while they could still get a decent price for him.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Exactly, I think they should cash in while he still has value.

Owen/Rooney/Smith class not sure on Saha he is too injury prone. Maybe Defoe?

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Defoe would be a great signing, Fergie always wanted him while he was at West Ham.

Van Horse is saying he doesn't want to go anywhere, i guess he doesn't with the wages he is on.Thinking about it i guess you have to give him a chance, he was injured for most of last season and before then his goalscoring record for Man United is second to none. If he gets back to that sort of form, him and Rooney will be awesome next season.

new topics

top topics

join