It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Rio plays down Chelsea talks..

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Rio Ferdinand insists there was nothing untoward about his meeting with Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon in a London restaurant.
The England international bumped into the former Manchester United supremo on Saturday night, fuelling rumours of a summer move to Stamford Bridge. Chelsea have already issued a statement to deny it was a pre-planned rendezvous and insist it was 'purely by chance' that Kenyon and Ferdinand met. Ferdinand also scotched any fanciful talk that he was discussing an end-of-season move to Chelsea, affirming he was at the restaurant to meet his agent Pini Zahavi.

LINK

TRD

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Rio Ferdinand's agent has admitted the Manchester United defender has a long-standing ambition to play abroad. Pini Zahavi ridiculed reports he and his client held a meeting with Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon as "the mother of all jokes" but revealed that Ferdinand will go to the continent if he does not get the contract he wants at Old Trafford.

LINK

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
at chelsea, i dont think hes any better than terry and carvalho is portugese and is mourinhos man. i dont think he would dump him.

is he trying to engineer a better contract, i thought he was on enough already hehe

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
fergie aint happy

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he does not accept Chelsea's explanation that Peter Kenyon's meeting with Rio Ferdinand was 'pure chance'.

Manchester United defender Ferdinand bumped into Kenyon at a London restaurant last weekend after arranging to meet his agent Pini Zahavi.

Chelsea have dismissed any suggestion that the rendezvous was pre-arranged but they have still become embroiled in a fresh tapping-up storm.

link

Sir

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Dunno what to say about it really, you won't find out if it was intentional (the meeting). But it does look like he wants to stay, i can't see any reason why he should leave. Its not like Man U are not successful or anything. He has said he wants to stay and eventually take over the captainacy role.

TRD

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The lure of Chelsea's billions might just be enough, if Ashley Cole does go there Rio would be a fool not to think of a move. With all the aggro with the Tambay Bay owner trying to take the club over, a lack of a big war chest for Fergie to spend, things seem to be a bit unsettled. Chelsea will be so hard to stop now from winning the league for seasons to come and maybe he thinks Man United have had there time...

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
yer. if cole moved from arsenal, to chelsea its got to make ferdinand think about it too. and there team mates at international, so i think there would be a bit of... *cole on the phone* hey Rio, you should really consider a move to stamford bridge, its a great feeling at the minute' and rio think about it jumps when chelsea come calling.

at man utd, in the defense rio is the big shot. hes the main man. at chelsea, they have terry, if cole went woah! i think thers better competition.

is there not talk of rio getting offered a new contract at man utd?

TRD

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Rio Ferdinand has reiterated his intent to sign a new contract after Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson warned the defender he would not be messed about. Ferguson appears to be losing patience regarding the ongoing saga of Ferdinand's contract extension at Old Trafford. The latest impasse is due to Ferdinand's agent - Pini Zahavi - being out of the country on business with the matter set to be picked up when he returns. But, while Ferguson accepts the latest excuse, he has warned Ferdinand that both the club and the supporters are waiting for the England international to decide upon his future.

LINK

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
just seen Fergie on TV, when asked about Rio on the new deal, he was saying he will sign when hes ready, i dont know what the fuss is about.

he seemed pretty confident that he will sign soon

top topics

join