Finished my drawing!!! (Gazrok)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, here it is...done with pencil. I used a photo done during the same sitting as the one with my avatar, with my fiance' and I (then embellished the attire a bit, and added the castle in the background)...

Sorry it's a little blurry (due to making it a managable file size)...

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
HOLY #ING #E!

Gazrok...wow...damn!!!!!!!

thats brilliant!

man...i cant even draw stick men straight!

well done hun

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thanks!

I just noticed, the glare is due to the glass of the frame...just got it back from the framing place last night...

In case anybody wants the tech details, the real dark areas were done with an Ebony pencil...and I also used a 6B, 4B, and HB, and of course, a kneaded eraser...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
that is a fine piece of work gaz!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Jesus Chirst thats amazing Gaz!
Its very well down
I am horrible at drawing, and could never do something like that. How long did it take you?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Total time was about 18 hours of actual work...(I did it off and on for about two months...)

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow Gaz I didnt know you were such a talented artist.

It looks awesome.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Man!

Thats great!

You surely know how to draw!

Nice..

Sadly i dont..

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thanks.... I'll have to post some of my other stuff as I get it in digital format....

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
its in my nature to diss everything but, I can't thins time. Its a really good piece of work.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Gaz, that is something to be very proud of no doubt!!!
I'm very impressed! What does the fianc'e think of the finished project? And how long did it take you to draw/finish this? Have you drawn before?

[Edited on 12/5/03 by magestica]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Damn i missed it!

Gazrok your drawing is gone, could you put it back up so i could take a lookie too

----> likes good artwork.

[Update]wow, that was fast, all i did was push ok and it was there! hehe

Thats Fantastic!!! Your very good indeed Sire. Bloody Brilliant!

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
She loves it...

See above for time it took.... I haven't drawn much since high school....(about 12+ years ago). I gave my mother a self portrait I did once (one of my favorite drawings), and wanted a replacement drawing of skill...so I did one of us. I'm usually not happy with a lot of my work in the end (I have more fun in the creative stage), but I really liked this one. I'll have some more examples of my work up here soon...maybe even over the weekend... I've got some work in acrylics, watercolor, even a small sculpture (but it needs to be painted-finished) and a screen print or two.... I've got tons more examples in slide format only, that I'll have to get put on disc...

I plan on doing another of this type soon, likely of my new god-daughter....just have to nail down the right photo...and it'll be more of a close up face drawing....(which is actually far easier, and less detail intensive), but amazingly...sometimes more impressive.... Hell, may even have it done before Christmas as a Christmas present to them...(the parents)

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here's a pic of it in the frame (though without the outer edge of the frame...)

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Here's the next project..(photo I'll be working from...), my god-daughter... (birthday present for her mother)...

EDIT: I'm going to black out the background though....as you can't really make out what it is in the pic...

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Gazrok,
Actually kind of speechless....
Your artistic sketching and drawing abilities are like....pretty awesome.

Two things pop in my head when I see this picture.....
* Renaissance
* And, are you and your fiance' into that Medieval organization that seems to be eluding my mind at this moment.....I want to say SCA but for some reason, I don't think thats it....hmmm

But getting back to your art piece, its simply beautiful. I am amazed...I never would have imagined you as an artist, but I'll be......my eyes are telling me otherwise.

Very nice work Gazrok.....beautiful indeed.

I may have to start making this particular forum one of my frequent stops so I can look at what the others have done.

I'm certain that your fiance' loves the picture as well? Don't answer, cause I know she does.

Lovely work Gaz.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
We had the photo (used as a base), taken at Islands of Adventure in Orlando...there's a shop that does costume photo sessions. We're not in SCA (Society for Creative Anacronysms..)-you were correct..., but do know many who are...and we're having a medieval wedding (check the link in my sig)...

Thanks for the compliments!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Gaz the artist....

You should name yourself: The Artist formerly known as Gaz...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Very nice Gaz !! It's perfect. I know what you mean about not being satisfied with the final look when a drawing is completed. I am my own worst critic. Again, nicely done !!!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wow, the baby drawing is really coming along quick... I've only worked on it for about two hours so far, and it's really going pretty good... Looks like I'll have it done by the end of the week maybe...and then a pic soon after that!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join