It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Wes Brown signs new deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Manchester United have ended the uncertainty over Wes Brown's future at the club by announcing the central defender has agreed a new four-year contract.

Brown's current deal was due to run out in the summer, and several other clubs had shown interest in signing the 25-year-old after contract talks with United initially broke down over his wage demands.

At one stage it even seemed Brown was on his way out of Old Trafford, manager Sir Alex Ferguson accusing the player's new agent of "filling his head with nonsense".

The England international would have been able to talk to other clubs from January 1. But a deal to keep him at the club until June 2008 has been salvaged, leaving Ferguson jubilant at keeping a player he "couldn't bear to lose".

Sportinglife

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i think he owes alot to united after his bad injury he picked up a while back, they stuck by him when it would have been easier to punt him

TRD

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Damm right he should get a new deal he is a quality defender...

TRD

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Wes Brown has spoken of his delight at inking a new deal that keeps him at Old Trafford until 2008.

The England international rejected Manchester United's first offer but after a series of compromise talks, put pen to paper earlier in the week.

Brown has endured prolonged periods on the sidelines during his career in Manchester but pockets of form since his first-team breakthrough have convinced Sir Alex Ferguson he is worthy of a major deal.

The versatile defender has spoken of his delight at having his future sorted, after a period of uncertainty.

''It's great for me. I never wanted to leave Manchester United and now it's all sorted - done and dusted,'' said Brown.

''I was just waiting for the right one (contract) and now everyone has agreed it's fine.

''Everything is back on track and I can just get on with playing.

Skysports

join