It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Fergie hits out at Henry

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The fall-out from last weekend's clash between Manchester United and Arsenal continues as Sir Alex Ferguson launched a scathing attack on Thierry Henry.

The United boss feels the French striker was guilty of a worse challenge than Ruud van Nistelrooy's horror-tackle on Ashley Cole, which saw the Dutchman banned for three matches.

Ferguson is referring to a foul on Gabriel Heinze involving Henry and Freddie Ljungberg during the Red Devils' controversial 2-0 win.

Henry caught the Argentine defender on the head as he lay on the ground but claimed it was an accident, immediately protesting his innocence with a shrug of his shoulders.

"There was one outstanding incident in the game with Arsenal which is worse than Van Nistelrooy. We shall present that to the FA and see what they do," said Ferguson.

"Edu produced a terrible tackle on Scholes that was a potential leg-breaker, but this was worse than that.

"The tackle on Heinze was terrible. You get the video, you watch that. What Henry did? That was bad."

Ferguson also criticised Arsenal's overall discipline during the Old Trafford encounter, while defending his side's display.

He said: "There were 24 fouls in the game by Arsenal, seven on Heinze, five on Ronaldo, six by Vieira - and it was only his sixth foul that got him booked. Phil Neville got booked for his first challenge.

"I am proud of my players for the way they handled that pressure.

"We have always been good at being gracious in defeat. What happened on Sunday overshadowed our achievement, but then they do it all the time, don't they?"

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
woah! fergie is doing a lot of lashing out, wouldnt like to be in the man utd dressing room

this does overshadow the match though, i didnt see the match but i heard the ref was crap

new topics

join