It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Downing linked with Man U

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Manchester United are understood to be considering a New Year swoop for Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing - using Phil Neville as bait.

Sir Alex Ferguson made an enquiry about Downing last season and is back on his trail after the 20-year-old's goalscoring display for Boro at Old Trafford eight days ago.

The Red Devils boss knows how highly England Under-21 star Downing is rated at The Riverside, and that he signed a new long-term contract earlier this year.

But Ferguson hopes that Boro boss Steve McClaren's high regard for the versatility of Neville may persuade him to do business.

Sportinglife

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
not sure what wing he plays on this guy but maybe he could be the winger hopefully that will take giggs place eventually.

i thought however, that phil neville signed a contract not that long ago?

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yeah he most prob did sign a new contract but when Fergie wants someone he don't care who he upsets lol!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
He's a great prospect and he's English!
I thought Man U would be linked with him sooner or later, thye never got Robben or Van Der Vaart and I wondered what Fergie had planned. This could be it.

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yeah and i would swop him for Neville any day of the week...

TRD

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Middlesbrough’s brilliant young winger Stewart Downing is staying calm, despite speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United.

Downing has made huge strides in recent weeks after he was given an extended run in Steve McClaren’s first team.

The 20-year-old's sensational form helped guide Boro to European success at Banik Ostrava, before his strike at Old Trafford earlier this month helped his side to a 1-1 draw with Manchester United.

Red Devils chief Sir Alex Ferguson was full of praise for the England Under-21 star after seeing his clinical finish and reports have now linked Downing with United - who were believed to be monitoring the youngster last season.

skysports

new topics

top topics

join