It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My essay

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is my writen Essay on Animal testing. Please read through it and tell me what you think.

People. I think we all agree that science is a very good and necessary thing. But this time, science has gone to far. I am of course talking about vivisection. Or as you may call it, animal testing. But what could be wrong? Animals have rights too; here their rights are abused. Dogs, cats, mice and even horses are bred to die a certain painful death under the knife of a scientist. What is even more disgraceful is that these people will snatch stray animals off the street. These animals are submitted to so called experiments, and you would think these experiments have some sort of useful purpose, but they don�t. The tests are usually to see how long an animal can take pain or inhale a certain oxide before it dies. I am going to go into detail, and it is not for the weak of heart. The bottom of a metal cage full of white lab rats was heated until it was so hot that the rats would have to hop to avoid burning their feet. They continued to heat the cage until they could barely stand. You would think that rats would only be tested on but you are wrong, very wrong. Monkeys are captured from the wild and then bred and transported to the labs. Some experiments carried out on these species are particularly cruel. A baby chimp was taken from its mother; the scientists made a fake monkey the same size as the mother. The chimp grasped hold of the fake monkey hard, as if it was its real mother. The scientists had the fake monkey attached to a machine, which would shake it violently. The chimp would not let go. Next they attached needles on the fake monkey, piercing the chimp as they shook the false mother. If this is not cruel, tell me what is. These shocking labs get their money from companies who pay them to carry out tests. Like perfume and other chemical companies. I urge you NOT to buy big name fragrances or washing up liquids unless you are certain the ingredients or product is not animal tested! Just remember you are paying for the death of more animals. You can buy eco and animal friendly products from most health stores. There are many other shocking experiments that I will not go into now. What I am getting at is that this intolerable cruelty MUST be stopped. And what makes me sick is the fact that our prime minister, Tony Blair supports vivisection, not knowing of what goes on in the labs. You are thinking, what kind of places or people would do such things to animals? Cambridge Universities carry out horrific brain transplantation experiments on primates. Huntingdon Life Sciences are at the top of the hit list; they use all animals and terribly abuse them, even outside of experiments. On Channel 4, quite a while ago now, there was a program recorded from a person who infiltrated Huntingdon life sciences and filmed a scientist punching a puppy in the face. There is evidence of people taking drugs on site and drunkard ness in the lab, DURING AN EXPERIMENT. Someone was drunk while transporting and animal, and had its leg broken out of clumsiness. A baboon managed to escape once out of carelessness of the workers there. They also hold the culprits who take stray animals off the street to die in their torture labs. Next on the hit list, Covance. I don�t exactly know where this is, but I know a lot about what goes on in there. They carried out one of the worst experiments on animals ever known. They made beagle puppies inhale cigarette smoke until it got cancer. When they did get cancer, after days they were burned. This lab must also be dealt with. What they say they really do is propaganda; they are denying the evidence that they know is true. They say they carry out experiments. Experiments? More like torture. Ask yourself, could you find it in your heart to inflict such pain on beautiful animals? We must not take advantage of the animals we live with. The scientists use Beagle dogs because they are most friendly and trusting. So they wont be afraid before they are cut apart. Did I mention, during some experiments, some animals are NOT sedated? There is video evidence of an ape screaming and showing extreme pain while strapped down onto a table and being cut open. Think about it this way; how would you like to donate your body to science? While your still in it. If you still don�t care about animal testing and thinking �Its no skin off my nose!� well your wrong. Animal tested products have killed and caused deformities to those who have used them, I am talking about the medicines. Children have died, people, because of these products. Because a pill is safe for dogs, and deadly for cats, does it make it safe for humans? Exactly. ANIMALS ARE NOT MACHINES.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's a great essay Monk. Good work. I stronlgy disagree with testing on animals. Companys are torturing defenceless creatures just for the benefit of beauty products that mean nothing. How is that right? Just becuase we are the apprently 'superior' race on this planet doesn't mean we can torture the animals on our planet our shallow, human needs. It's wrong for any purpose.

[Edited on 083131p://666 by earthtone]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks earthtone, ill be handing this into my english teacher soon.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Good piece, Monk.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
It's a great essay Monk. Good work. I stronlgy disagree with testing on animals. Companys are torturing defenceless creatures just for the benefit of beauty products that mean nothing. How is that right? Just becuase we are the apprently 'superior' race on this planet doesn't mean we can torture the animals on our planet our shallow, human needs. It's wrong for any purpose.

[Edited on 083131p://666 by earthtone]

so you agree to test it on what?

HUMANS?!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Do we need to take out these tests? I know this sounds crazy, but people would volunteer for experiments. Not that many would. Do you agree with inflicting un necesary pain on animals, Russian?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If they really cant stop. They could stop testing COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS i.e. Loreal, head and shoulders, Calvin Klein etc etc If this madness really must continue, only medicines should be tested. And no xeno transplantation. That is completely mad. If you think swapping apes brains with cats is funny, then i must say psycho!
Russian are you very, very right wing?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monk
If they really cant stop. They could stop testing COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS i.e. Loreal, head and shoulders, Calvin Klein etc etc If this madness really must continue, only medicines should be tested. And no xeno transplantation. That is completely mad. If you think swapping apes brains with cats is funny, then i must say psycho!
Russian are you very, very right wing?

I am not very very right wing.

I am leaned to the right but there is things i disagree with on that side.

But I am very anti left winger!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monk
Do we need to take out these tests? I know this sounds crazy, but people would volunteer for experiments. Not that many would. Do you agree with inflicting un necesary pain on animals, Russian?

Yes I believe in testing EVERYTHING on the animals.

I also agree that SOMETHINGS should NOT be products anyway.

Like some of the CK stuff.

and other stuff

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My feeling on testing on annimales is

It is right to test vatseens on annimales first on labrats if the poor dude is suffering end its pain

I DO NOT agree with torturing mokeys or rats or any kind of annamale ATALL

it is unfortenet some testing MUST be taking out but not UNNESSARAL stuff like torture or in cagement or shocking!

good essay, what grade you in? do you have to do that damned cd cm cm sh*t?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
My feeling on testing on annimales is

It is right to test vatseens on annimales first on labrats if the poor dude is suffering end its pain

I DO NOT agree with torturing mokeys or rats or any kind of annamale ATALL

it is unfortenet some testing MUST be taking out but not UNNESSARAL stuff like torture or in cagement or shocking!

good essay, what grade you in? do you have to do that damned cd cm cm sh*t?

Looks like there is ALOT of pro animalists!!!!

Its ok I dont believe in torturing animals but I also dont believe in torturing HUMANS!!!!

So I think as I said already there should be less animal testings but still keep most of the animal testings!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Monk,

what grade are you in?

what does a red fist in a downward facing pentagram signify?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I will jump in with a crazy comment. With computing being so powerful now, having super-clustered computers simulating weather patterns for months and years in advance, Why can't science have computer simulations on a chemical reaction taking place on any other surface that you can imagine?! We can send a piece of machinery out of our solar system, but we still need to stick lipstick up a monkey's butt for science? I think computer simulation is called for in this case.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
yes i thoughet about this too

im sure alot can be done from computers but not all

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
how can we test on puters?

they are Not alive

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Looks like Russian is an Anti-Animalist.
Does it matter what grade im in?
The pentagram signifies freedom and resistance. (here we go again with the anti me thing....)

Russian, testing EVERYTHING on animals? That only shows that you are careless about other life on the planet. We cant kill everything off. If anyone thinks animals dont have feelings you are stupid. Do you think animals mind being bred to die in the labs? A certain painful death?

Good point lanser

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Computers ain't alive. And seems they are not advanced enough to simulate processes in alive creatures, in their cells. This is too complex.

We can't test stuff on humans, animals must be used for tests.

BUT

They ought be treated in a humanitarian way! What you described in your essay is pointless cruelty.
Vivisections shouldn't be banned, they should be controled, so the tests would bring profits to us, eg. vaccines and our shampoos won't burn our eyes out!
(Now you say: But animals will have their eyes burned out! My reply: yes, but under anaesthesia! No useless pain, a humanitarian death)

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

I am not very very right wing.

I am leaned to the right but there is things i disagree with on that side.

But I am very anti left winger!

Not very right wing? I'd like you to give me an example of just one of the opinions you have expressed which havn't been overtly right wing Russian!

Heartless animal testers don't care about computers when they can easily just use animals instead.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
First off, your essay isn't in any essay form, if you ask me, its more of a rant.

Secondly, they don't take up stray animals. The animals they breed are bred to make sure they have no diseases, these animals are part of no ecosystem because they are not bred in the ecosystem. If you stop animal testing that makes things lots more dangerous for humans.

I don't agree that animal testing should be stopped. I think it should be regulated however. But this wont solve anything though, as the companies will just take their operations overseas.

As for computer simulations, no computer can simulate what chemicals will do. Why? they test it because it is unknown what will happen, how can a computer test something that is unknown? Most of these products are made with complex chemicals that under different heats and pressures can form a variety of different substances.

By the way, where did you get this information? I'd like to see some links, if this is an essay please make a bibliography.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I hate the sound of jingling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join