It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Bellion admires United approach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As the club look to close the gap on leaders Arsenal, David Bellion says the biggest difference he has noticed is the attitude at Old Trafford.

The French striker is one of the handful of players left behind during the international break and says he admires the United approach.

"You might be a little bit upset about the score or the result but you are never down. That is the difference between lots of other clubs and United, they never give up, like on Sunday against Middlesbrough, we knew that with all the attacking players we have got we could score in that game."

Speaking on MUTV Bellion praised the work done by the United backroom staff.

"Sir Alex, and Carlos [Queiroz]and Mickey [Phelan] are always looking at what is wrong and trying to put it right and they make little changes," he added.

Fantastic pace, but his control is poor at this level. Hard to see him being anything more than a fringe player.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree, he's a "nearly" player. He's got all the skill and pace, but ihe just doesn't seem determined enough to give it his all when he can. He can still score good goals though, I wouldn't bank on him leaving Old Trafford for a while.

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Fergie and the staff will work on him. He does have blistering pace and his shooting seems to have gotten better. I think he could turn into a real good Striker yet. Pity he can't cross the ball as with his pace he could play him out wide...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
He's got the makings of a super-sub, bring him on when legs are tired to have a run at the defence. He's just not a natural finisher which is a same. I agree about the crossing but he hasn't got an eye for a pass!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i remember a while back when he played for sunderland, the hype was he was the new henry lol

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Fergie tracked him for years so he must see something.

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thats what i mean he must be showing something on the training pitch that warrants him getting picked.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Let's see how long he lasts there.

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well he has stuck with him so far without playing him that much.

top topics

join