It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Saha on the comeback trail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Louis Saha will swap a packed Stade de France for the spartan surroundings of Altrincham as he takes his first steps towards a United recall.

The former Fulham striker is in line to face Birmingham City on Thursday night in a Premiership Reserve League game played at Altrincham's Moss Lane ground after returning to full training last week.

Saha's last start was in France's World Cup qualifier against the Faroe Islands last month, but he lasted only nine minutes before being stretchered off with a knee injury.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I want to give Louis a run out in the reserves before he comes back and that will probably be on Thursday."

The injury meant Saha missed the chance of being called into the France squad for the qualifier against the Republic of Ireland in Paris on Saturday.

Fourth choice striker, must be wondering what's happen at Man U since he joined!

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It would be good to get him on the bench as i think he is a dangerous player upfront..

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just can't see him ever getting above the others in the pecking order and his ability to get injured is awlful.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
yer, he will struggle for a team place,

i think the thing in his favour is he is different from the rest, he got more skill i think

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
He's got a mix of what the others have. Penalty box play like the Van man, skill and ability to carry the ball like Rooney and aerial ability like Smith, plus he has good pace. Doesn't really get stuck in like the others though. He does provide another dimension to the team but you wouldn't pick him over the others to start regularly.

new topics

top topics

join