It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Tampa Bay's Malcolm Glazer buys Manchester United

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The season has finished now for the Prem.

I don't think people really trust Roman (that's the Russki) he is basically a tax exile and throwing 300m around is like pocket money to him, I think he is in for the long term but I bet his initial motives were not football driven.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
hopefully the people buying these teams are in it for the good, they are not stupid people when it comes to money and it seems like it woul dbe foolish of them to ransack a profitable busines...when i get an extra 300 mil to toss around i will make sure all or you get good seats :approve:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks bud!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
with Glazer buying man utd, this will increase the popularity of soccer in the US right? i think a bond between the USA and here for soccer, will make a new market and big money is to be made out of it.

yer, i have heard of the kid you said, something like 14/15 but hes supposed to be class. and hey, they already have that amazing american keeper.....'howard'

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There is actually some decent players comming through in the US, many thanks to the great Pele for that. As long as Glazer has the clubs interest at heart then it may work out but that remains to be seen..

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
there are actually a huge number of kids who play soccer over here, and all of the high schools have teams, for some reason most of the players drift off to other sports, it never has cought on in a big way as a spectator sport, would finish well down the list of sports in the us

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
My pal who played at Spurs coaches soccer at Michigan Uni in the states, they have some decent players. The USA youth teams are looking really good for the future.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I predict that "soccer" will make it big in the US within the next 20 years, and maybe sooner rather than later. There are many AYSO kids out there who continue playing, and follow the english teams from stateside. As this keds become older, and get some disposable income, the market will be there, and once the big money guys like Glazer appreciate this, they will capitalize on it. In fact, I beleive that this is his motivation for purchasign what may be the most popular sports franchise in the world. As such, he would have the teams welfare in mind.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
hehe... what you said gibbs, i said this a while back

with Glazer buying man utd, this will increase the popularity of soccer in the US right? i think a bond between the USA and here for soccer, will make a new market and big money is to be made out of it.

i think thats part of the reason why, there is money to be made in the american soccer market if you go the right way about it. and it is being noticed more cos even the national team now, they are half decent and people know some players

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
hehe... what you said gibbs, i said this a while back

i think thats part of the reason why, there is money to be made in the american soccer market if you go the right way about it. and it is being noticed more cos even the national team now, they are half decent and people know some players

Yeah, many people over here dont' wan tto admit that it will be big, and in short order. They will be wrong, though.

We should have this site sponsor a team, while it's cheap.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
before man utd made it big, the people who bought shares put in peanuts, not alot of money and i think it was money me and the next person on here could afford, rather than huge big busines men being the only ones able to buy them and all of a sudden. 15 years later they make a fortune out of it

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So, you're saying timing is everything. and no wthese people are whining?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
when manchester utd turned into a PLC, the people who invested where clever, they didnt invest huge money but came out worth sooo much more and the team benifited, i guess you could say the timing and everything and a bit luck made it happen for them.

TRD will be the man to ask cos he would have been around in those days while i was not long out of my nappies lol.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
TRD will be the man to ask cos he would have been around in those days while i was not long out of my nappies lol.

so, you're saying that is your mom knitting you a shirt in your avatar

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Everyone needs to give this guy a chance. There is talks of him selling Tampa Bay now and he will have alot of funds to pump into the club. He is a buisiness man pure and simple, he wouldn't take on a massive venture like United for it to fail.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i werent aware of that story,

the one i read today was about how the Tampa Bay manager was speaking saying he is a great boss and all this worrying is over the top. he is saying hes been my boss for ages and hes a really good person and business man.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Terminator
Everyone needs to give this guy a chance. There is talks of him selling Tampa Bay now and he will have alot of funds to pump into the club. He is a buisiness man pure and simple, he wouldn't take on a massive venture like United for it to fail.

Spot on.

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I agree with that, no one knows how it will turn out, but he has to be given a chance. Let him do what he has set out to do and see how it pans out. Its mainly the press strring up things and some of the fans. I havn't heard Fergie or the players really saying much about it and they would have been told his intentions.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a couple of the man utd players have signed new contracts so they cant be tooo worried about whats going on.

am sure if man utd where going to end up in trouble, there agents would know and get them out of there but they aint. and they happy there.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Malcolm Glazer has submitted his takeover plan at Manchester United, including taking the club into private ownership next month.

The American has finally outlined his vision of the future for Saturday's beaten FA Cup finalists after a wave of resentment to his takeover from supporters and pundits alike.

A formal offer document has been sent to existing shareholders, who have been handed a June 13 deadline to decide whether they want to sell their stake to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner.

link

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join