It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Roy Keane - I'm better than Gerrard

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Manchester United captain Roy Keane has hit back at critics by stating he can still compete on the same level as Steven Gerrard and Patrick Vieira. There have been suggestions that the midfielder battler may be a fading force in Sir Alex Ferguson's Old Trafford squad, but the fiery Irishman made clear he is geared up to try and reclaim the Premiership title from rivals Arsenal this coming season.

With United preparing for the new season while on tour in the United States, Keane dismissed suggestions that Gerrard could be ready to take over his mantle by claiming that he is a better player than the Liverpool man.

"If people want to criticise me that's okay - but I try not to take much notice," declared Keane.

"I ask the same question to myself every morning: Have I got something to offer Manchester United? At this moment, the answer is always yes.

"Without a doubt, I feel I can compete with players like Gerrard and Vieira. When I feel I can't do that, then I'll know.

"The manager was very complimentary about Gerrard and there's no doubt he is a very good player - but I still feel I am better than him and that's not being big-headed.

"You look at Gerrard last season and he didn't kick a ball for the first three-and-a-half months."

Full story Sky Sports

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Keane is the main reason why ManU haven't dropped to the bottom half of the table. Keane is more a playmaker than a goalscorer. Will ManU beat Arsenal or Liverpool in the standings? the answer is obviously a no, since one player does not make up a team.

There was a time when Inter Milan wanted to buy him off of ManU after they won the treble. The offer was declined and speculated as rumor.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yes websurfer Van Nistelrooy, Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, Ferdinand are Gary Neville are all decidely average *ahem*

The arrogance of that Irish bell-end is astounding though, I think he seems to forget which certain Liverpool midfielder has had him in his pocket for the entire match the last 6-8 times they've played hehehe.
Gerrard has blew him off the park, he might as well have not turned up.

join