It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Ruud wants Ferguson to stay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ruud van Nistelrooy has called on Sir Alex Ferguson to extend his stay at Manchester United.

The prolific Dutch marksman, who this season with the Premier League Golden Boot after notching 25 goals in United's surge to the title, will forever be grateful to Ferguson for maintaining an interest in him even after an initial move to Old Trafford had dramatically collapsed amid fitness concerns.

Ferguson made his move once van Nistelrooy had recovered from his subsequent ruptured cruciate ligament injury, snapping the 26-year-old up for �18.5m from PSV in one of the shrewdest pieces of business the Scot has ever completed.

Having ended a season-long barren streak by landing his eighth English championship, the talk is now of Ferguson extending the three-year contract he signed at the end of last season after reversing his decision to retire.

United chief executive Peter Kenyon has already indicated the club would be willing to sanction such a move and, at 61, Ferguson, who looked fit and healthy in the latter stages of the campaign, is still a few years behind Newcastle chief Sir Bobby Robson.

And if he does sign a new deal, no-one would be more delighted than van Nistelrooy, who is predicting a future ladened with success for the Red Devils.

"The manager will never lose his hunger and I think he will stay here for a long time,'' van Nistelrooy told MUTV.

"He has been fantastic for this club and has won so many trophies with them.

"I am very grateful for what he did for me and to Manchester United for keeping their trust in me.

"It is fantastic to work with him and if we can all play at our top level we have some great years ahead of us.''

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If he does go then they need to go to Celtic and get O'Neil he is the man for the job.

TRD

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
If he does go then they need to go to Celtic and get O'Neil he is the man for the job.

Totally agree with you,i think o'neils contract is nearly up and i cant see ferguson staying after next season...esp if they win the champions league again..

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
He is on a rolling contract with Celtic that only lasts a season at a time. There is also a buy out clause which another club can activate. I noticed he distanced himself from all the recent job vacancies, I'm betting he has both eyes glued to Old Trafford waiting for Fergie to step down.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   

He is on a rolling contract with Celtic that only lasts a season at a time. There is also a buy out clause which another club can activate. I noticed he distanced himself from all the recent job vacancies, I'm betting he has both eyes glued to Old Trafford waiting for Fergie to step down.

Ahh i dint know that he was on a rolling contract,thats convieniant as he was going to go to man u as fergies assistant before he went to celtic...Maybe he went to get the experience,not that he needed much more...

He definatly has his eyes on the job who wouldn't,i think he can become one of the greats as a mananger...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
He's got the talent and the players love him which is just as important. You can really see that the Celtic boys look up to him. Was the same at Leicester.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

He's got the talent and the players love him which is just as important. You can really see that the Celtic boys look up to him. Was the same at Leicester.

yep he has the passion aswell,is a likeable person and i bet he can be hard as nails if he wanted too..

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Definately. I can't see them employing a true foreign coach and I can't think of anyone better than him to take the job.

new topics

top topics

join