It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Ronaldinho to Old Trafford..??

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
World Cup winner Ronaldinho would consider it a "tremendous honour" to be the first Brazilian in history to play for Manchester United.

The man who ended England's dream in the 2002 World Cup finals with a free-kick that looped over goalkeeper David Seaman and earned Brazil a 2-1 victory at the quarter-final stage, believes joining Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford is a "concrete possibility".

His current club, Paris St Germain, may be willing to part with him for around �12million, and Ferguson could consider him the ideal partner for prolific Dutchman Ruud van Nistelrooy.

"Right now it's just speculation, right?" Ronaldinho told the Sunday Herald. "But I would be lying if I said that English football isn't one of my ambitions.

"And the way things are looking right now, playing in the Premiership, at Manchester United in particular, is more than just a dream. It's a concrete possibility.

If Manchester United get Ronaldinho they will be very hard to beat,what with the other targets they have they will have a awesome team if they manage to get most of them....I don't think any one else will stand a chance in the premier league in the comming season..Ronaldinho is a great talent and would be able to grace any side at �12 million it's quite good value i think..!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The price is agreed with PSG, just up to the player to decide what he wants to do. The reason it's taken so long is that they changed presidents at the club so he wanted to get things sorted out before dealing with any transfers. Man U will be awesome if they sign him. Arsenal who?

TRD

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Arsenal who??

Well i think that Man United might go for one more push at it as it looks like ferguson may retire at the end of the season...So they could get him..

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Looks like the deal is done and dusted, all bar the shouting. I'm kinda glad West Ham are not in the Premiership, at least we won't have to face to severe beatings from Man Utd during the season!

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yeah kinda makes you glad if iyou look at it that way...lol

They will definatly punish some teams next season and could amass a record amount of points....

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's the goals as well, who can stop Ruud at the moment, but Ronaldinho as well.. jesus....

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
It's the goals as well, who can stop Ruud at the moment, but Ronaldinho as well.. jesus....

They will be a awesome partnership if they do get ronaldinho,i think they could break the goalscoring partnership for the season if they were to both stay fit...

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what formation they play next season. I guess a 4-4-2 with the midfield playing in a diamond like England do and Ronaldinho playing just behind Nistelrooy. That way Scholes can still break from midfield and they don;t have to depend on the width so much like they do now with Giggs and Beckham. I'd like to see Veron slot into the right handside of midfield, although not playing as a winger, more of a free role.

TRD

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't like to say what sort of formation they will play,at least not untill they have made all their signings...They could play a number of ways,sometimes it makes me sick that they have such a good team...lol

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It think they are have to stick with four at the back regardless of who they sign. Also with the midfield players they have that will definately stay, a diamond is ideal. Fergie is unpredictable though so you never know.

top topics

join