It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Skyfish?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
This is the same effect with a longer frame hold time.
Case closed.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Great piece of film you found. That's what the midges looked like in my other pics. I wouldn't close the case on skyfish though, there might just be something there. I say, if there's room for something, it's sure to be there, somewhere.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
ello old chaps!

Just a thought,

CAN SIMPLE INSECTS LAUNCH THEMSELVES VERTICALLY OUT OF WATER!!!

Didn't quite think so

There are a few YouTube videos on this and sure you can find them by poking around a little bit eh?
Since I'm to lazy to get a link

Bassically thier the rods we know and love, 4 FEET UNDER TURBULENT WAVES IN THE OCEAN

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

It is now known that they are mere tricks of light which result from how images (primarily video images) are recorded and played back. In particular, the fast passage before the camera of an insect flapping its wings has been shown directly to produce rod-like effects, due to motion blur, if the camera is shooting with relatively long exposure times.

I grabbed this from wikipedia...the most accurate source on the internet. /sarcasm

This seems likely. On my camera at night ill grab a flashlight and set the exposure to 10 seconds and make designs, its really neat.

The effect seems similar to what you are explaining. I didn't check the links because my safari is going ridiculously slow tonight.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join