It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester City: We will surive without anelka

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Kevin Keegan is confident Manchester City can survive without departed striker Nicolas Anelka.

City sold the temperamental Frenchman to Fenerbahce in a £7 million deal just before the end of the January transfer window.

Anelka was keen to join a side involved in European football and it was thought that he had yet again become unsettled at a club.

link

TRD

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
How? You just lost your main striker and most of the money is not yours. You still owe money when you bought him.

Keegan wake up! Or did that blow to the . with a baseball bat really affect you that much?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
am thinking, when he said that, he must have thought, hey, am gona get some1 in. and he didnt.

at least he didnt lose shaun wright philips.

TRD

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hrmm how could he get someone in as out of the 7 million (i think) 5 million is owed and the club is well in debt aswell... Shaun Wright will be off in the summer to clear debts aswell.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
hehe. you will be scaring the man city supporters away TRD with that 1.

fowler will become the top one now they have, and remember keegan blowing money on vauso? a guy he never so play and he left without getting a kick.

i thought maybe a loan deal. but city are turning into a right mess

the money they would get for wright philiips would be huge i reckon

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I heard Wrighty is off in the summer, more than likely he is going to Man United. Man City are in a sorry state and it looks like Keegan is going at the end of the season and the new manager won't have that much to spend. I guess they will get 15-20 million at least for him. What makes me say Man United as they have let a few players go and havn't bought no one. The club said Fergie had to sell to buy and i think he will be their no1 target.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
yer, i think a few more duds there might leave,

can you see wright phillips though joining the rivals

Sir

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thats a tough to say where he will end up. It could be anywhere with Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea all going to try to get him. Thats without clubs abroad putting in a bid for him.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
at his age, am not sure if he would go abroad, is he older than 20?

possible, only the big 3 could afford him, i can see him ending up at arsenal just like his step dad (if thats right) ian wright

new topics

top topics

join