It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester City: Fenerbahce lead Anelka race

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Fenerbahce have arrived as the shock key suitors in the chase to land Manchester City forward Nicolas Anelka. The French press are adamant that the striker has been tempted by the offer of an enormous £3.5m a year to move to Turkey - as well as a clause that will allow him to leave if the club fail to qualify for the next UEFA Champions League.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
That alot of money they are offering, i wonder if he fancys a move there. What sort of money are they offering Man City though?

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Nicolas Anelka will be in Turkey on Monday to hold talks on a massive 5 million a year contract at Fenerbahce, according to the French press.

Manchester City are rumoured in L'Equipe to have agreed a fee of around 12 million euros for Anelka, who has made it clear that he is looking for a club involved in UEFA Champions League football.

The 25-year-old is expected in Istanbul at the beginning of next week, where he will continue negotiations on a wage of around 3.5 million a year and undergo a medical.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
the guy wants out, the money is gonna tempt him for sure and his agent is a bit of a gold digger himself.

i didnt think fenerbahce had that kind of money though, i think the last big signing over there was jardel going to galatasary when he scored goals a-plenty.

they should make europe too as its always them, besikats and galatasary that go through lol

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Reports emanating from Turkey are indicating that Fenerbahce expect to tie up their protracted move for Nicolas Anelka this week. The Manchester City striker is expected to travel to Istanbul to begin a new chapter of his controversial career following talks between the two clubs. Although City have stressed they will only consider a permanent transfer for the Frenchman, it is being suggested that Fener have managed to agree a six-month loan deal costing 4.7 euros (£3.26) million with a view to a long-term deal.

Skysports

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a deal has been struck

Manchester City have confirmed that they have agreed a fee with Fenerbahce for Nicolas Anelka.

The Turkish side had claimed they had agreed a fee for the Frenchman earlier on Thursday and now City have announced an agreement has been reached to see Anelka leave.

The fee is believed to be in the region of �6-�7 million for City's club record signing

link

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Bit of a shocker for that price, i thought he would have gone for a bit more. I wonder why they never held out for a bigger price?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

the guy wants out, the money is gonna tempt him for sure and his agent is a bit of a gold digger himself.
i didnt think fenerbahce had that kind of money though, i think the last big signing over there was jardel going to galatasary when he scored goals a-plenty.

what are you talking about
Fenerbahce is the biggest and richest team of Turkey
Turkey's biggest transfer is not goddam jardel
it is Ariel ortega,alex de souza and schuammer(biggest goalkeeper of the world in 1980s)
and all them had been brouht Turkey by fenerbahce
The best stadium in turkey is Sukru Saracoglu with 50000 capacity and it is of course fenerbahce's stadium
besiktas and galatasaray are only trying to reach fenerbahce's capacity in the last 5 years

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
he does want out from city lol. zeze lol

Manchester City striker has agreed terms with Fenerbahce and is now set to complete his move to the Turkish outfit.

The Istanbul-based club revealed they had reached an accord with the French striker on Sunday night, and the transfer should now beat Monday's deadline.

The two clubs had settled on a fee of between £6-7 million earlier in the week allowing Anelka to travel to Turkey for talks on personal terms.

skysports.planetfootball.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

he does want out from city lol. zeze lol

i couldn't understand what you mean with these words
i'm not english
i'm turkish
but i can repeat that if you don't know
Richest club in Turkey is Fenerbahce
u can ask this whoever you want,even to a galatasaray fan

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i was meaning anelka wanted to leave manchester city to a new club. he had a falling out and it suited man city and the player himself to leave.

and its alot of money hes been offered to play for you, with anelka's repution aswell as his agents, they have got a reputation for being more interested in the money sometimes than the football

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
ok i got it
i think u said fener hasn't got enough money to buy anelka so you are surprised when you heard the transfer
it is not true
because fenerbahce has got more and more money than both galatasay and besiktas
be sure about that

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
hey zeze,

no, i didnt say that about fenerbache, no matter who you sign for. the money anelka is getting is alot. it could be chelsea, real madrid, barcelona. its still alot of money

i aint bothered if fenerbache has more money than galatasary or besikats.

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Nicolas Anelka is feeling appreciated at Fenerbahce, and is hoping that the joy that greeted his arrival can help him settle quickly at the Turkish giants. The French marksman left Manchester City this January to move to the Superlig, and is pleased that another French speaker - former Belgian league star Onder Turacy - is aiding his cause.

"I've been welcomed excellently," said Anelka. "I didn't think I would adapt so quickly.

"I'm getting used to Turkey and my team-mates much quicker than I could imagine.

"I get on well with [Turacy]. He stayed with me in the Samsun trip.

"The other players are joking with him because he is able to talk to me. I'm aware of that. All I've seen is love here in Turkey and at Fenerbahce.

Skysports

top topics

join