It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester City: Anelka wants out?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Nicolas Anelka has again thrown his Manchester City future into doubt by stating he is playing to get a move to a 'big' club. The 25-year-old is currently in contract talks with City, but despite this he is still focussed on moving away from Eastlands.

"I either decide to win titles or to have an easy life. I think I will always choose football if a great club makes me an offer," Anelka told French magazine But.

"If I'm going to score goals and not win there's a risk it's going to create a feeling of being fed up.

"I feel the fact I play for City is to do with my attitude. I think City will understand. I have given a lot to this club.

"My objective is to give my maximum for City in order to find a big club.

"To win titles you need players who have the capability of doing so.

"If we stagnate between eighth and 15th place, it's impossible to progress.

"I am in talks to sign an extension to my contract.

"I am well here but the sporting aspect also comes into account.

"Playing for eighth place is good but I miss the Champions League. I won it with Real Madrid in 2000 and I need to be playing in it - and I should be playing in it.

"The ideal solution would be that City become a great club, but if that happens I will be 35 years old.

"I don't know if I've reached my peak but I can't exploit my potential to the full here.

"I play as a striker but also as a midfielder and I tire a lot doing things I shouldn't be doing.

"I could do better with a team that play for me. I would like to concentrate on being a striker."

Skysports

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
kevin keegan hits back at these comments

"If Nicolas wants to write articles about this football club and his situation then he has got to realise that in this country the press are going to pick out the bits they want and they will highlight them,'' Keegan told the club's official website.

"When a player starts to say that he wants to go to a big club, that alienates fans as Manchester City is a big club.

"I know we are not in the Champions League but he was brought in here to help us try to do that.

"Instead of writing articles that is what he should concentrate on, getting on the pitch and scoring the goals that will take us there.

"That is what he is paid to do. He signed a six-year contract here and he has still three years left.

"That is why some of the fans are upset. I feel the same way. But they know that Nicolas is a top-class player."

link

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
He just basically s@#t on his own door-step, not very wise really.

I've heard Liverpool might be in for him. I don't know...I'd love the player but not the man, he's bound to cause problems wherever he goes. Plus, he would have to get used to a rotation system at Liverpool, would the great sulk get used to that? I highly doubt it...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
according to the man city chairman, he says they would consider sellling him

"If a bid comes in for Nicolas then, after speaking to the board, I will speak to Kevin Keegan," stated Wardle.

"I wouldn't expect a manager to say 'yes' to that but, if there was a bid of substance worth taking, then I would talk to the board and I would put the reasons why to Kevin.

"We still owe some money for Nicolas, so it would have to be well above that figure, obviously.

"There's no bid on the table at present.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
barcelona might be after him, with larsson being ruled out for the season they need another striker, he might fit the bill

Manchester City have refuted claims that they have fielded an enquiry from Barcelona for Nicolas Anelka.

The Spanish giants are chasing a striker during January's transfer window and Anelka's name appears to have shot to the top of their list.

Anelka's eligibility for European football makes him a viable option for Barca, who are chasing a replacement for the injured Henrik Larsson.

Reports in Spain suggested Barcelona had contacted City to discuss the pacey French forward's potential availability.

*link aint working*

[Edited on 12/20/04 by rynaldo82]

new topics

top topics

join