It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester City: Keegan urges Wright-Phillips to be patient

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Kevin Keegan has warned Shaun Wright-Phillips he will have to exercise plenty of patience before he can regard himself an England regular.

Wright-Phillips is set to feature in Sven Goran Eriksson's World Cup qualifying plans against Wales or Azerbaijan after being left out of the last two games with Austria and Poland.

The talented City winger showed he is capable of becoming a fully fledged England star after scoring on his senior debut in the friendly against Ukraine.

But City boss Keegan says Wright-Phillips still has plenty of hard work ahead before he can count himself a star for his country.

He said: "If Shaun is given the green light, it will be harder to get him out of the team than to put him in. I think Shaun is ready for England, there is no doubt about that.

"But there are players like Owen Hargreaves who have been promised an opportunity and haven't really had one."

I'd play him over Becks at the moment on the right.

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Patients! You have got to be joking. When did Keegan suddenly see himself as an expert, he is a mediocre manager at best. If they kid is good enough get him in the side, they did it with Rooney and even Owen.....

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Very true, Kev's living on borrowed time anyway.

TRD

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is where these managers get it wrong.

These young stars are bursting at the seams to play. Moyes tried to hold Rooney back and realised he just couldn't do it, now look at Rooney. West Ham certainly didn't hold Defoe back that much, Redknapp tried and sent him out on loan but he soon went in the side.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
if beckham wasnt so high profile i think wright phillips may well be in the team. if it does happen and he goes to arsenal, i wonder, would that help get him in the team as he would be playing for a bigger team

TRD

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It could well do as he would be in the spotlight much more and playing in Europe. If he did leave and do really well then he would prove he can do it on the domestic big stage and it would be a matter of time untill he was an Englamd regular...

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I hope he doesn't go to Arsenal, he's a great player.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i think one of the rumours is that he if he goes to arsenal, jeremaine pennant goes in the opposite direction

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I hope he doesn't go to the Gooners either....

What side does he play on?

If it's the left wouldn't Man U be interested on him to replace Giggs?

new topics

top topics

join