It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester City: Anelka considered for France call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
France coach Raymond Domenech admits he considered ending Nicolas Anelka's two-and-a-half-year exile from the international side.

Manchester City striker Anelka fell out with former coach Jacques Santini but the 25-year-old is thought to be desperate to revive his international career.

He almost got his chance at the Stade de France this weekend, only for Domenech to plump for Marseilles' Peguy Luyindula when David Trezeguet dropped out.

"Of course it crossed my mind to pick Nicolas," he said. "But we already had Djibril Cisse in the squad, who has the same profile as Nicolas and I wanted someone more like David Trezeguet."

However, Domenech insisted Anelka will be considered for future matches, particularly if he maintains his impressive current form for City.

"Why should I sideline talented players," he added. "Nicolas has the qualities to play for France. He will have to prove in his club games that he deserves selection."

TRD

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
He is a good striker, can he play with Henry up front? I'm not too sure but he deserves to be in the squad.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I'd take him, current form is pretty good and he is better in the air than alot of the players.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i like anelka, he is really fast and he was a sensation at arsenal before the big move to real where it went pear shaped, france seem to have good fast forwards though so would he be offering anything different to the team?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
He's more physical than Cisse and a better finisher than Trezeguet so I think he could offer something else.

top topics

join