It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US is taking over the World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The US are sneaky with thier ways of infiltrating countrys, be it, fast food, to music, to Barbies.
Go anywhere in the East, and You'll see western influence everywhere.

In my Culture ( Punjabi) our families are sick and tired of western Influence, My sister cant even have a cell phone!

My parents used to beat me.....not like beat me as in a violent manner, but just for punishment, actaully beating sounds a bit bad.

My dad would make me stick my hand out, and slap my palms with a ruler, if I broke any of the house rules.
Of course, thiers always those that will call it "abusing your child", but I call it toughing up my palms

East is tring to presever thier cultures, but the west is eventually winning.

Deep

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
The US are sneaky with thier ways of infiltrating countrys, be it, fast food, to music, to Barbies.
Go anywhere in the East, and You'll see western influence everywhere.

In my Culture ( Punjabi) our families are sick and tired of western Influence, My sister cant even have a cell phone!

My parents used to beat me.....not like beat me as in a violent manner, but just for punishment, actaully beating sounds a bit bad.

My dad would make me stick my hand out, and slap my palms with a ruler, if I broke any of the house rules.
Of course, thiers always those that will call it "abusing your child", but I call it toughing up my palms

East is tring to presever thier cutures, but the west is eventually winning.

Deep

Only feminists and liberals(if non-liberal feminists exist) would call that child abuse.

[Edited on 12/5/2003 by Maverick]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I call it discipline.
Deep

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I agree with deep...western culture (the unmitigated trash that it is) is slowly crossing the world. many country's second language is turning into English. It's sad in places like India and Japan, which are trying to remain independant of the westerns taint. We as north americans might not really have a culture beyond decadence, a history beyond hedonism but other places do. I wish that we could just not try to seduce them into our corrupt ways. Ug. I'm all philosophical tonight.

De

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Your Right De,
Indians look down upon the Western Culture, My parents find it disgusting when they see britney spears running around half naked in the rain singing about sex.
They try so hard to raise us in a easter philosophy, But the western Philosophy ( What philosophy) Is a strong influence.
Deep

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Your Right De,
Indians look down upon the Western Culture, My parents find it disgusting when they see britney spears running around half naked in the rain singing about sex.
They try so hard to raise us in a easter philosophy, But the western Philosophy ( What philosophy) Is a strong influence.
Deep

Yeah, I have to agree. She shouldn't be half naked, would be better if she took it all off.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
LOL...
We'll if she did that, then all the Pop singers would want that...
I dont want to see Avril Lavigne running around a mosh pit naked.
Deep

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
In due time our culture will get to you and you will, you will

Over here that would almost seem gay.

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by oconnection]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

And yet, the american culture has taken over so much of europe, the middle east is screaming about it influencing them, it's in AUS, Japan, taking a foothold in russia, and we haven't made laws to force that.

Yes. But you forget that American culture is a melting pot of many others cultures. So who's controlling who ?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza

Originally posted by Maverick

I can't wait to hear what the Russians have to counter McDonalds.

LOL!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Wh000! Go America! I can see the news broadcast now..

"We now interrupt the current show to bring you this news update"

"Thanks John, we at CNN have just received word that the U.S., in conjuction with Britain, has dropped the M-Bomb on Iraq. We have reports of the BK-Bomb and JITB-Bomb on Russia, and in China. The JITB (Jack in the Box) was released only two minutes after the BK (Burger King) bomb, and the US has now sent in the burgers. We will update as we get news."

"In other news, Michael Jackson went to K-Mart today, after hearing that all boys pants were half off..."

-wD

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
please move this to chit chat forum.

i see no weapons here.

burgers are food and not weapons.

Thank You

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Come on Russian, its all in good fun!

Anyways, off topic, how do ya like the new look

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Come on Russian, its all in good fun!

Anyways, off topic, how do ya like the new look

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Web you are German arent you?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yes I am lol.

I have always liked the Iron Cross, even though, ya know, its Nazi...

But I am German / Irish..how about you (besides Russian)

-wD

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yes I am lol.

-wD

what am i besides Russian?

I am Rush-In mixed with Russian!
J/K

I am mixed with some German(my mom is German)

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Yes I am lol.

-wD

Sorry, but the Iron Cross is not Nazi. They were passed out during the black years of Deutschland, but were also given previous to the "evil one".

en.wikipedia.org...

It is funny how many older members of foreign cultures hate American Culture, but their children love it. As much as Japan has traditional leanings, it is their rapidly growing youth that is embracing our culture and evolving it in to something distinctly Japanese. Which in turn American kids find unique and cool, then take it and evolve it into an American culture again. There really is a symbotic synergy when it comes to culture. If you can not understand that simple fact, you will fall to our culture. They only way to stop the assault of American culture is not to dam it, but to absorb, digest and send it back to us modified. But like a cold you must still get infected first. Infection always causes change no matter how small. So in that way Deus Ex, Russian, ZeroDeep it is viral, which makes it a asymmetric culture-weapon.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   

-wD

'Iron Cross' Really is a BALKEN KREUZ,

And that has nothing to do with the nazis.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

-wD

'Iron Cross' Really is a BALKEN KREUZ,

And that has nothing to do with the nazis.

Oh Wow

I have only been on this site for a very short time, but mark it down: Fulcrum and I agree. May this not be the last time! LOL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join