It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: A dream come true? Robbie Fowler is back.

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It must be the shock move of the season, but Robbie Fowler has left Man City and joined back with his old team Liverpool. Let alone me being shocked reading about it, ol Robbie is just as shocked himself that it has happened. Will he get a game? Will it raise his game and spur him back into life?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I aint sure, its a free transfer so if he plays crap the fans will be happy hes back, and its cost no money apart from wages. Its a win win situation i think.

He aint as good as he was 10 years ago though. If Liverpool wanted a striker why didnt they move for a top guy at the top of his game at the present time?

TRD

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One thing that alot of people might not know is that Leeds are still paying Fowler wages. When he moved to Man City around 2003, it was part of the deal as they couldn't afford all the wages and Leeds was desperate to offload players as they was in finacial straits.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well they must have taken him back to play him.

I didn't know Leeds was still paying his wages, no wonder they are still in finacial trouble if they struck deals like that.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I think its great for Liverpool and Fowler. It's a dream come true for the guy and I know he'll give everything he can. He's still a predator and probably as fast as Rush was in a straight line. He'll get goals, and with their stingey defense, they could land 2nd spot because of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Not sure if they will get 2nd, will be an interesting battle between them and Man Utd. Man Utd though are free from Europe which takes it toll.

One thing for sure though, Fowler will score more goals than the other strikers they have

TRD

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think he will get his chance, they paid alot of money for Cisse and it looks like they dont fancy him. Morientes isnt doing that great and if Robbie gets a start and finds that goalscoring touch.. well.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I know hes still waiting to bang one, but as hes a goalscorer...will he hit double figures this season?

Normally with strikers, when they score one they go on a role

TRD

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
He has to play first and the way the others are playing he should be getting a chance.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Is he going to get a new contract? that must be what is going through his mind. A while ago Fowler was asked and he said all he can do is keep scoring goals, and recently he has banged a few. Benetiz in my opinion is slightly suggesting that he will keep him.

Cisse the othey day against Chelsea was absolute junk, Morienties does not bang enough goals and Crouch aint a goal scorer. This puts Fowler in good light.

Will he get a new contract? i think if he does, it will be a 1 year one, 2 at best

top topics

join