It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Benitez warning for Gerrard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
would gerrard fade at chelsea?

Rafa Benitez has warned Steven Gerrard that if he leaves Liverpool he would lose the iconic status he currently enjoys.

The Reds' captain has been consistently linked with a summer move to big-spenders Chelsea, and his manager has now questioned why he should leave his hometown club where he is adored by the supporters.

A move to Jose Mourinho's Chelsea would inevitably see the midfielder become less of a stand-out performer as he has been at Anfield, with world class players in the form of Claude Makelele and Frank Lampard competing for a starting berth.

link

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Nice pscyh out by Benitez and Gerrard knows this statement to be true. Personally I don't care if he does go, we've got Alonso.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Nice pscyh out by Benitez and Gerrard knows this statement to be true. Personally I don't care if he does go, we've got Alonso.

do you think alonso is the better player? i gotta agree though, what Benitez said is true

i dont think chelsea will go for him though

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Benitez stated exactly what I said in an earlier thread, he must read Sportz Tawk.

Alonso is quality, Fergie must be gutted he never stepped up his efforts to sign him!

new topics

top topics

join