It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Benitez aware of Real Interest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Rafa Benitez has conceded he is aware of speculation linking him with Real Madrid, but insists he has no plans to quit Anfield.

Real are thought to have placed Benitez, who was formerly a youth coach with them, on a two-man short-list to take over at the club next season along with Juventus' Fabio Capello.

The Spanish giants are desperately disappointed at what now looks certain to be another trophyless season and are planning a major overhaul of their playing and coaching staff.

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has moved to quash rumours linking him with a move to Real Madrid. The Spanish giants are expected to freshen up their staff after another disappointing year, and current boss Wanderley Luxemburgo may be on borrowed time. Benitez has a good reputation in Spain after working wonders at Valencia and was rumoured to be on the Spanish giants' shortlist, although he has now emphatically denied that he has any intention of walking out of the Anfield hot-seat.

link

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
maybe in a few years or something, but not now, if he went, gerrard would follow him to real. the spanish players at liverpool, would they all want out? i think he has a few years at liverpool to go, i think he is building a good team, and has brought some good players over.

he did do wonders at valencia, though, can real afford to sack another manager. i think there has been enough of that going on

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Rynaldo I couldn't agree with you more.
And may I suggest this has been one of the major problems?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
yer. i think benitez offered them stability, he didnt look like a shouter but he had been there for many years. every player knew him and respected him cos he was a respectable club figger. its harder when there new men in charge all the time, am sure the players getting a bit annoyed with the way things are going.

TRD

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Benitez has again said he isn't leaving, which will be great for Liverpool. He has done thing quietly in his own way, also shipping out some of the dud players they had. Hopefully he will hold on to Gerrard and get a couple of decent players in the summer...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
yer. he has came in, i think in fairness, mourinho going to chelsea was always going to get the most attention which would have took some of it away from benitez, who in fairness, managed a very good valenica team who won the league.

a few of the duds have gone, and hes brought in players who like him and respect him. he will need to strenghten the team more though. am sure he will get money to do that and i think gerrard will stay. like you say, things are promising at anfield

Sir

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think he will stay, he does done a good job so far. He must feel he can take things to another stage... It will be interesting times once the season ends for Liverpool..

new topics

top topics

join