It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Gerrard eyes Owen link-up

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Steven Gerrard has described Michael Owen as a "fantastic player" and admitted he would be more than happy to link up with his former Liverpool team-mate if he decides to make a swift return to the Premiership.

Reports have been linking Owen with a move away from Real Madrid after he failed to receive assurances that he could command a regular first-team place.

Despite being the Spanish club's most predatory scorer with 11 goals in all competitions, coach Wanderly Luxemburgo has insisted on persevering with Ronaldo, rather than reward the England striker.

Sportinglife

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i can see where he is coming from, they had a terrific understanding, if with gerrards long range passing, owen was often put through one on one with the oppositoin keeper

it also looks like owen will stay at real, for the time being.

i think there more chance of gerrard linking up with owen at real

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Today i see that Newcastle are going to make a 20 million bid for Owen in the summer. Thats a huge amount compaired to what Real paid for him.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
as much as 20? in england, i just cant see owen turning out for any other team other than liverpool.

are real interested in making a profit on him? 12 million is alot, i think it just depends if they want to sell him

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't know, i wouldn't have thought he would go for that much. At the moment they could let him go but who knows what is going to happen, a few key injurys and he won't be going anywhere.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
yer, you look at real, raul ronaldo, if one of them gets injured, who do they have? portillo? guti? i think they need a top class 3rd striker, if its not owen, it will be som1 else. as they dont have moreientes anymore to fall back on

new topics

top topics

join