It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Liverpool in shock Johnson swoop

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Liverpool have made a shock move for Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson.

The Reds, hit by the loss of Djibril Cisse to a horrific injury, are already trying to sign another striker in Real Madrid's Fernando Morientes.

But according to the Sunday Express they're also real to swoop for highly-rated Johnson.

The Sunday paper claims Reds boss Rafael Benitez has already offered out-of-favour defender Stephane Henchoz and midfielder Salif Diao plus cash in a bid to strike a deal.

Johnson has made a huge impact in his first season in the top flight with Palace.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i wonder if it will happen, as we have been saying before how AJ is there main player really and gets them the goals, without him, whos gonna score?

but 2 players and cash too i would imagine, could they refuse?

am suprised they want morientes and AJ, when cisse comes back it makes you wonder if the morientes story is just a loan deal they are after.

TRD

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I guess for Palace that would be a good deal, but would Diao want to go there?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
am not sure about diao, henchoz, he must realise he is finished at anfield.diao aint first team material there, and i doubt he ever will be. it will be a step down for him. if he was to leave, you would think back to france

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yea thats what i was thinking.

With Henchoz, there seems to be a few teams in for him and he can't decide where to go lol!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
rangers are supposed to have offereed a new improved contract to the henchoz. you wonder though, if morientes arrives and AJ, they got baros there too. and cisse to come back. are players like mellor and pongogele? could the be offered in this deal

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't think they will go for AJ now that it looks like they have Morientes.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i can only see them wanting the one striker, i think benitez would want to work with morientes and then there spanish connection at anfield.

it will be better if it works out that way. AJ gets to stay and help Palace. real get rid of a player who aint gonna get games and liverpool get a great striker

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yep could work out well, Morientes is better than AJ..

Great signing when it finally goes through.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well we got our man

The AJ rumours are a load of crap, to be honest I think they were started by Liverpool to worry Madrid into making a deal...make them realise they weren't holding all the cards and that we had other options.

Apparantly Mellor will be off to Sheffield Utd, which is a shame as he's got some really important goals for us already (I doubt the last minute winner against Arsenal will ever be forgotten), but unfortunately I just don't think he's good enough for Liverpool.

Pongolle seems to get better with each game, but he'll be 4th choice now (when Cisse returns) so whether he wants to stick around is another thing...

The big rumour today was that Anelka was at Melwood all day today.

Apparantly we'll be signing him and parading him with Morientes tomorrow...remember you heard it hear first.

new topics

top topics

join