It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Henchoz to snub Rangers

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Rangers are set to miss out on landing Stephane Henchoz after the Liverpool defender insisted he wants to stay in the Barclays Premiership.

The Ibrox club made an offer to the Switzerland international but the 30-year-old does not want to leave England.

Henchoz said: "Rangers have made me an offer but actually I would like to stay in the Premier League.

"My girlfriend and I are expecting our first baby, so this is a very bad time for moving.

"Rangers' offer is not the only one and I will have to consider each of them in detail to finally make a decision."

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
the way the story is going up here is he is rejecting it cos rangers just want him to the end of the season, if he does well he gets a further 2 years but he wants to stay till 2007. he could be out in 2005

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well i would want a two year deal...

Maybe its a bit too cold for him up North lol!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
hehe, hey, he from switzerland i thught? it thought it supposed to be freezing ther? lol

i think he aint getting the guarentee he is wanting, moving for 6 months and might be without a club in the summer, maybe he feel it a risk.

i guess his girlfriend having a baby, maybe it is too hard to move right now, but maybe a closer to home team?

TRD

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thats why he is in England!!

Yeah i guess he doesn't want to move too far, but where is he going to go? Liverpool don't seem to want him anymore.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i think he was being linked to southampton, but they seem to have got defenders plus, liverpool to southampton, that must be a couple hours away.

and i agree, liverpool aint gonna use him no more

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
well. its bad news.

celtic are supposed to be interested in signing him, though, its thought several clubs are looking at him

top topics

join