It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Xabi injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
liverpool sensation xabi alonso got injured against chelsea and could be out for 2 months

It has been confirmed that Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso broke his ankle in the Premiership game against Chelsea on Saturday.

The Spanish star sustained the injury to his left ankle after a foul by Frank Lampard in the 27th minute.

Alonso tried to continue after picking up the problem, but was subsequently forced from the field.

TRD

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Big blow for them as Harry Kewell is out injured aswell...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i guess in the middle of the park, they have hamann who can come in and do a tidy job. maybe a midfielder will be aquired in the transfer window along with a striker then?

TRD

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well for one its the funds, secondly if they get a top class midfielder then when the others are fit they have problems who plays. I think they need a striker more than they need a midfielder...

It's looking more likely that they should't have let Owen go for a paltry 8 million now...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
yer, that was a cheap deal for some1 who was supposively worth 30 odd milulion a couple of seasons ago.

but i think with him going, there a bit in there of a relationship between the two clubs. i think if real can help them get a player from there team they will

TRD

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well they have been after Morientes, i don't know what the situation is with him at the moment...

They just can't seem to get it right and will finish top 6 like they always do. They just need a couple more top players to make them a challenging side and they need more consistancy...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
benitez is saddened by the injury

"Unfortunately we have lost Xabi for five to six weeks and it is a big blow for us," said Benitez.

Benitez refused to reveal whether or not the injury may force him to bring in a new midfielder in the transfer window.

"We will see. At this moment I am only concentrating on the next game which is Norwich," added Benitez.

"We have a good squad so we have players who can come into midfield."

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Well they have been after Morientes, i don't know what the situation is with him at the moment...

They just can't seem to get it right and will finish top 6 like they always do. They just need a couple more top players to make them a challenging side and they need more consistancy...

yer, its seems the new real manager has came in and that story has droped a bit. but i feel they are a better team under benitez, and they dont have the boring label anymore

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
the xabi alonso is hoping to be back before the season finishes

Xabi Alonso has offered Liverpool some hope of him returning to action before the end of the season.

The Spaniard broke his ankle as a result of a hefty Frank Lampard challenge on New Year's Day, and had been ruled out for the remainder of the campaign.

The injury came at a bad time for Alonso who had become an instant hit at Anfield with some superb midfield displays since arriving from Real Sociedad.

link

new topics

top topics

join