It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Liverpool on the trail of Anelka!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Rumours are rife in France that Liverpool are stepping up their interest in Manchester City striker Nicolas Anelka.

The former Arsenal attacker has already had a spell at Anfield during a loan stint at the club and influential captain Steven Gerrard has intimated that he would love the 25-year-old to arrive on Merseyside. The Frenchman scored four goals in 20 games for The Reds.

Although Fernando Morientes remains a top target, the competition for the Real Madrid forward is more intense and, despite encouraging noises coming from the Spaniard's camp, Anelka could turn out to be the first January capture by Rafa Benitez.

According to L'Equipe, the City star has already been in Liverpool discussing a three-and-a-half year contract with Benitez's side.

Anelka's wage demands would appear unlikely to present a problem and, of course, he is eligible to play in the UEFA Champions League. The Reds face Bayer Leverkusen in the knockout stages of the competition.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i wonder how much he would cost? i cant see man city letting him go for cheap, i like anelka, he can be amazing at times, others, sulking lol. what a find wenger did on this guy though

4 goals in 20 games aint amazing though, i hope morientes shows up to be honest for liverpool

join