It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Gerrard warns Liverpool

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Steven Gerrard has warned Liverpool that he could leave in the summer if they do not show signs of challenging for The Premiership.

Gerrard committed himself to The Reds at the start of the season despite an offer from big-spending Chelsea, but he wants Liverpool to be title contenders.

Rafa Benitez is trying to mould a new side at Anfield, but club captain Gerrard has warned that he will not have too much time to do so.

The England man wants to see signs of Liverpool becoming real title hopefuls or he will move on in the summer.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
he really wants to play at the big stage week in and week out and that shows ambition. but i think liverpool are getting better as a team. a good victory the other night too. i think its looking promosing

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Benitez claimes Gerrard wants to stay

"I said to Steven that I was sure he wanted to stay here - and he said 'I do'," said Benitez.

"I then said to him 'look, if you want to win titles, you want medals and you want Liverpool to have these things then I am going to need your help'.

"I really think he wants to stay so now what we must do is make the squad stronger for him.

"We are working now with the idea of a creating a big squad with a strong mentality. If we do that and keep our best players like Gerrard and Xabi Alonso, then we can win games and titles

link

new topics

join