It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Pongelle wants out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
liverpools young french striker wants to leave the club after conceeding he wont get much games

Liverpool striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle has conceded he has asked to leave The Reds due to a lack of first-team opportunities this season.

The 19-year-old French striker was a bright prospect under Gerard Houllier, but has been frozen out under new boss Rafa Benitez this term.

link

TRD

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has denied reports that French youngster Florent Sinama-Pongolle has submitted a transfer request.

Pongolle was injured at the start of the campaign and has been limited to two substitute appearances so far, but is reportedly unhappy at being overlooked for Milan Baros and Djibril Cisse.

"I'm not playing and I have asked to leave," Pongolle was quoted as saying. "All I want to do is play. The coach doesn't want me to go so I don't know what will happen.

However Benitez is already short of striking options, and he said: "I have only read about a transfer request but he has said nothing to me about it.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
maybe with cisse being ruled out, he might change his mind about wanting to leave, will be a good oppurtunity for him to try get some matches

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
he admits he is becoming frustrated

Florent Sinama-Pongolle is growing frustrated at the lack of opportunities at Liverpool despite an injury crisis at Anfield.

The young Frenchman has been overlooked by Rafa Benitez after injuries to Milan Baros and Djibril Cisse with Harry Kewell pushed into attack to partner Luis Garcia in the 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.

link

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
it looks like hes a bit happier these days, and has been getting a bit more action and got a goal too

top topics

join