It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Gerrard hit by injury blow

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard hobbled out of Old Trafford on Monday and could miss England's World Cup qualifiers against Azerbaijan and Wales next month with what is feared to be a broken metatarsal bone.

He admitted that he would be "devastated" if the initial prognosis by Liverpool's medical team proves accurate.

When David Beckham suffered a similar injury eight weeks prior to the 2002 World Cup, it put his participation in doubt.

And although Beckham made a rapid return to action, the England skipper was lacking fitness for the Japan and South Korea co-hosted tournament.

link

TRD

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez's worst fears were realised when his skipper Steven Gerrard was ruled out for eight weeks.

Gerrard limped out of Monday's 2-1 defeat at Manchester United and X-rays have since confirmed that he has broken the metatarsal in the fifth bone of his left foot, putting him out of action until mid-November.

TRD

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Defiant Steven Gerrard believes he will be back in action within the next two months despite fears he could be sidelined until Christmas.

The Liverpool captain and England midfield lynchpin fractured a metatarsal bone in his foot in the 2-1 defeat by Manchester United on Monday.

Similar injuries to other players have seen them ruled out for around four months, but Gerrard remains positive - even though he will definitely miss England's World Cup qualifying matches against Wales and Azerbaijan next month.

I know people have different recovery rates and fitness levels but can he come back that quick? Players with the same injury have been out longer and i think he is hoping for too much....

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
yer, this was a bad blow to liverpool, gerrard and alonso will be great together.

i guess theres always the danger he comes back to quickly and injures it again

top topics

join