It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why not a space section?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
can some one start up a space section which contains all about space events, equipment, news, breaktrough propulions and so on. science and technology section is getting a little crowded with this stuff and there is a possible space race up comming which will create a lot more news on space and every thing with it.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is actually a good idea...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Was just watching the News and how the media talked about our President wanting to get back to the Moon now that the Chinese are speaking openly about going there.

New section: naming I offer up,

Space Race

Michael

Another user has picked up the news and a link declaring how we might be in a space race again...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by Ark-Angel]

who

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I agree, this sounds like a really good idea. Ive had topics about space in the past and not known where to post them.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
can some one start up a space section

I like that idea considering that I love space. Why don't you talk to a modertor?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
How can I not agree?

Space, the final frontier!

Do we exclude the aliens from this one?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i'll put in my vote of support for a space oriented section, but make it a section oriented in general to "space" not just something like the space race, i dont think at prestent there would be enough threads on that topic alone to warrant it's own forum, but a space forum? absolutely, long overdue, i was wondering why the colonization thread was in aircraft, because we dont have anywhere else to put it

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
JUST LIKE I SAID BEFORE we need a space topic. because if right more and more space news will come if it comes trough the congress. and we also have Esa
and the Nasda, rusians (which want to cooperate with usa) India ect. Xprize is also space so. look how much info will follow. and how much plans and concept will come and how much prototypes. People are just posting to several topic sections. so they get a little bit crowded with stuff which better could be in one section. that is much clearer.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So, would you like to see, one big space topic, a Space FORUM, or a space section on ATSNN

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
here on the forum people send it to
Aliens & UFOs
Science & Technology
Aircraft Projects
Military & Government Projects

so.. why not for example" Space science and exploration"...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
aha so a special space forum you want, okay
I'll ask the ATS guru's... hang on...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yeah what will happen with the alien section??

we will have to exclude alien issues from this new space section?

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by kalki]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Actually what I would like to see is a breakup of the Science and Technology Forum into several different forums.

Space- Space Race, Propulsion, probes, projects, programs, stars, black holes, planets, etc...., Pretty much everything except UFO's and Aliens

Un-Natural Nature- ChemTrails, earthquakes, Man-made disasters, Yellowstone Caldera, etc....

Science and Tech- This needs to be left for new inventions, general scientific discovery's, physics not associated with space, etc...

Thats just my .02

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
yeah what will happen with the alien section??

we will have to exclude alien issues from this new space section?

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by kalki]

There already is an alien & UDO section, so there is no need to seperate alien issues from the space section...

BlackJackal
Breaking up the S&T section into several subfora isn't such a bad idea...

But it's not up to me to decide that.
Simon and william should discuss about this...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here are my thoughts.

Merge Aliens & UFOs with Aircraft Projects(Aliens, UFOs, and Aircraft Projects)

Merge Military & Govt. Projects with Military & Govt. Facilities (Military/Government Projects and Facilities)

Keep Science & Technology and create a news/fact based Space forum.

There isn't really a good way to integrate/reform these forums but that's my best idea.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Or, you could merge aircraft projects with military/govt. projects and facilites, instead of merging it with aliens/ufos since that forum is awfully busy.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is merging the less busy forums with each other when the topic is very similar.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
First of all, there is no need to merge fora...
and second of all, the current Aircraft forum could be changed to Aircraft & Space projects...

But actually...the current aircraft forum is already for space discussions:

Aircraft Projects
Anything From UAVs To Secret Spaceplanes. FSME: intelgurl

But I think a special space forum is better

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Okay... Where does it go? BTS? If it's non-conspiracy, and just discussion of the plan to be on Mars by 2015... then BTS seems right. ATS? Are there conspiracy aspects to the discussion? Or since it's more technical in nature, have it in ATS?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
on ATS, either a combined Aircraft & Space projetcs forum, or a seperate Space forum (please
)

top topics

join