It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: City fail with Henchov bid

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Manchester City failed with a swoop for Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz on transfer deadline day.

The Eastlands outfit had been looking to bolster their defence and Henchoz was the man they targeted.

Up until Tuesday it is believed that Kevin Keegan was very hopeful of sealing a deal.

However, Liverpool pulled the plug on the deal due to their own problems in the transfer market.

The Reds had been looking to snap up Mallorca defender David Cortes, but that deal floundered meaning Rafa Benitez opted to keep Henchoz.

link

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
just a few season ago henchoz and hyppia where alomst impossible to get bye. i think with the new manager henchoz place is under threat, i think hyppia the best out the two though

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Henchoz has bad fitness problems now, word has it that he has to report to training a month earlier than the rest just to keep up. That's why he always looks done in after 10 minutes, has never let us down though. He has lost some of his pace and Hyppia doesn't have any so we need some at the back, I think that's why he's out of favour.

new topics

join