It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Liverpool

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry admits he faces a huge battle to persuade Steven Gerrard to stay at Anfield.

Parry is praying that the appointment of Rafael Benitez will prove the key to keeping hold of the influential midfielder.

But with Gerrard starring in Portugal with England, Parry and Benitez have an anxious wait ahead amid rumours the player could be the subject of a 30million bid from Chelsea.

Gerrard has previously made plain his desire for silverware and his confidence in the new appointment is set to prove crucial in his decision.

TRD

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Rafael Benitez's Anfield shake-up began in earnest when Liverpool announced that assistant manager Phil Thompson was leaving the club.

Thompson's departure - which brought to an end his on-off 33-year relationship with the club - had been widely expected in the wake of Benitez's appointment.

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry said in a statement: "Following talks between Rafael Benitez and Phil it has been decided that Phil will leave the club.

TRD

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Liverpool are the latest club to be linked with a shock move for former Arsenal star Sylvain Wiltord, as the Frenchman searches for a new club. Wiltord is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at Highbury and he is open to offers.

Werder Bremen, Tottenham, Valencia and Barcelona are all believed to be keen on the French international.

Reports emanating from France claim that Liverpool have entered the race for his signature.

Newly installed Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is thought to be an admirer of the former Bordeaux ace and tried to sign him when he was in charge of Valencia.

Liverpool could be in the market for a new striker, having sold Emile Heskey, and with Wiltord on a free transfer he could be an attractive option.

TRD

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Newly-installed Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has thanked predecessor Gerard Houllier for leaving him with the ideal parting gift, French striker Djibril Cisse. Benitez has revealed he is a huge fan of the Auxerre hit-man who is due to complete a 14 million switch to Anfield on July 1.

Benitez claimed he enquired about the France international during his time as Valencia coach but was left frustrated in his bid to arrange a transfer.

TRD

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
New Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will begin his Anfield revolution by completing the signing of French striker Djibril Cisse.

Benitez expects to finalise the deal with Cisse on July 1 and is relishing the chance of working with the player.

Benitez said: "Cisse is a very good player. When I talked to scouts at Valencia they always talked to me about him.

"I talked to my physical coach about Cisse six months ago - when I didn't know I would be here. He said to me 'fantastic player'.

"When you have four or five fantastic players on the team you have to play in the right manner.

"Because you have Owen, Cisse and Baros, you need to say to them it is possible to play with everybody but it depends on the game."

TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Michael Owen admits his future at Liverpool could hinge on whether Steven Gerrard stays at Anfield.

Owen said any decision to sell Gerrard would be a "catastrophe" and wants assurances from Liverpool before opening contract talks with the club.

The England striker said: "I'm not issuing ultimatums or threats, that's not my style.

"But I do need to be sure we have a team that can close the gap on the top two clubs."

Owen has a year left on his contract and is due to sit down for talks amid mounting speculation that Gerrard will move to Chelsea.

TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Bayern Munich have told Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez that he can sign Owen Hargreaves if he meets their valuation of the England midfielder.

Hargreaves has admitted that he is willing to consider a move to the Premiership with one of the top sides in a bid to further his international career.

The 23-year-old burst onto the scene three years ago when he was part of the Bayern side who saw off Valencia on penalties to lift the 2001 Champions League.

However, he has always insisted that he would one day play in the Premiership and, amid reported interest from the Reds, Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has told Liverpool they may be willing to do business should the Merseysiders meet their valuation.

TRD

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Valencia have confirmed they are to sue former boss Rafael Benitez after he walked out on the Spanish champions for Liverpool.

Benitez still had a year remaining on his contract when he opted to join the Merseysiders and Valencia, who appointed Claudio Ranieri as his successor, are now seeking compensation.

Sir

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Is Hargreaves really that good? The only time i get to see him play is for England and i wasn't that impressed with him. Do Liverpool need a player like him?

TRD

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has enquired about the availability of Malaga midfielder Miguel Angel.

Angel has revealed Benitez has been in touch with his agent while his club say Benitez has contacted them.

TRD

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Auxerre forward Djibril Cisse.

The 22-year-old France international has joined for a fee of around 14million and cannot wait to link up with England striker Michael Owen.

Cisse, who will wear the number nine shirt for the Reds, told the club's official website: "For me, it would be a pleasure to play alongside Michael Owen,".

"Just to be with him in training would be great. I would love him to stay at Liverpool.

"With Owen, I feel we can do a good job. He is a great player and we are going to do good things."

Cisse scored 23 goals last season and his performances caught the eye of former manager Gerard Houllier.

Now he has to impress new coach Rafael Benitez, who was previously in charge of Valencia.

TRD

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Marseille coach Jose Anigo has confirmed his interest in taking Liverpool midfielder Bruno Cheyrou to the Stade Velodrome on loan.

The 26-year-old, who has three caps for France and joined the Reds in 2002 from Lille, played only 12 matches last campaign.

TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Michael Owen is expected to sign a two-year contract extension with Liverpool in the wake of Steven Gerrard's decision to commit himself to the club.

The England striker has just a year left on his current deal, meaning the Anfield club would have been compelled to sell him rather than lose him for nothing next summer.

The contract is believed to be worth around 4million, making him the highest paid player at Liverpool.

TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Marseille are poised to announce the loan signing of Liverpool misfit Bruno Cheyrou.

The French giants believe the 26-year-old midfielder can resurrect his career at the Stade Velodrome after two difficult seasons in the English game.

Cheyrou passed a medical on Friday, and according to reports in France, he will meet his new Marseille team-mates on Saturday.

TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Liverpool goalkeeper Chris Kirkland is ready to bury his injury nightmares and battle to become the number one for both club and country next season.

The 24-year-old has been hit by a number of injuries in the last couple of years, which has limited his involvement in the Reds first team.

After recovering from a serious knee injury, Kirkland suffered with ankle, finger and wrist problems last term and played just 12 times for Liverpool.

Now fully fit, the former Coventry man is aiming to put all his troubles behind him and kick-start his career under new boss Rafael Benitez.

TRD

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Liverpool have lined-up a shock move for Brazilian striker Marcio Amoroso.

The former Udinese and Borussia Dortmund ace is believed to have flown into England to hold talks with the Anfield outfit.

The 29-year-old is available on a free transfer after being released by Dortmund last season.

TRD

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Real Madrid presidential candidate Lorenzo Sanz claims to have reached agreement with three of the leading performers at Euro 2004, including Liverpool striker Milan Baros.

Sanz, who is looking to regain power at the Bernabeu after losing the 2000 election to Florentino Perez, insists he has reached agreement with Baros - the leading scorer at Euro 2004 with five goals.

TRD

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Liverpool expect Milan Baros to report back for pre-season training in two weeks time despite the forward being linked with a move to Real Madrid.

The 22-year-old Czech Republic striker finished top scorer in Euro 2004 with five goals for the semi-finalists and it is believed he is top of Lorenzo Sanz's wish list should he oust Madrid president Florentino Perez in Sunday's poll of members.

Liverpool, however, are distancing themselves from the speculation.

TRD

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Liverpool coach Sammy Lee has left Anfield to take up the position of national coach with the Football Association.

Lee had been tipped to become new boss Rafael Benitez's number two but has instead decided to join the FA on a full-time basis after his coaching duties with England at Euro 2004.

The former Reds midfielder became a key member of the Anfield backroom staff after joining the club as reserve team boss under Graeme Souness but is now looking forward to his new role.

TRD

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Liverpool flop El Hadji Diouf is determined to fight for his Anfield future, despite being linked with a summer departure from the club.

Portsmouth and West Brom are rumoured to be among a batch of teams ready to offer Diouf an escape route from Liverpool.

The Senegal international has failed to fire for The Reds since his 10 million move from Lens two years ago.

Diouf has struggled to recapture his best form and the appointment of Rafa Benitez as manager has sparked suggestions he could be on his way.

Spanish duo Malaga and Real Betis have also been linked with the attacker, along with Scottish champions Celtic.

But the 23-year-old is keen to honour his Reds contract and prove he is worthy of a place in the club's future under Benitez.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join