It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Liverpool

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Markus Babbel is eyeing a move to ambitious Bundesliga outfit Kaiserslautern.

The former Bayern Munich defender is back with Liverpool after spending last season on loan at Blackburn Rovers.

Although still under contract at Anfield, the 31-year-old is not ruling out the prospect of a move to his homeland.

TRD

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Liverpool defender Djimi Traore could be on the verge of a 1million move to Premiership new boys West Brom.

The 24-year-old Frenchman was bought from Laval for 500,000 in 1999 but has struggled to establish himself in the first team.

There's been interest from other clubs but they are confident Djimi will sign for West Brom."

TRD

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
PSV Eindhoven have all but given up hope of signing Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek, according to reports in the Dutch media.

The Polish keeper is currently waiting to see who will replace the recently departed Gerard Houllier as boss at the Premiership club, but PSV chairman Harry van Raay insists his side do not have time to wait for Dudek to make a decision.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Apparantly Owen Hargreaves is interested in us, I'd have him put it that way.

Sir

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hargreaves would be a good signing, but don't you want to sort out a manager first? I thought the manager would pick the player's who they want to buy so i guess until you have one any player's mentioned i would take it with a pinch of salt. Funny how teams in desperation for decent player's get linked with everyone and anyone.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i keep reading that thailand wants to buy a share of the team, is this the government or the prime minister as an individual? what will this mean for liverpool and english soccer....err football as a whole?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Apparantly he's going to hold a once only state lottery to fund the bid for Liverpool FC.

The only reason he wants a stake is because it will most likely win him the next election as the people over there are football mad. Stuff like building a youth academy over there is really just good press and propaganda for him.

That's probably why his deal is the most attractive, once it wins him the election he wont really (or shouldn't anyway) get involved in the football side of things, so it still leaves us to run the club as we want.

It wont make much of a difference to english football itself, although alot are not happy with his human rights record e.t.c.

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Rafael Benitez struggled to control his emotions as he walked out on Primera Liga champions Valencia with Liverpool expected to be his next destination.

Liverpool chief Rick Parry, aware of the development from his Bahamas holiday hotel and not officially back at Anfield until the weekend, will now work to complete the deal to bring Benitez to Merseyside before the start of Euro 2004 next week.

And while the dramatic developments in the race to find Gerard Houllier's successor were unfolding in Spain, it emerged that the 60million bid by Thailand's Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra for a 30% stake in the club was still alive.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Looks like Benitez is the next Liverpool manager. So anyone know how influentual Owen and Gerrard was in the departure of Houllier and the new manager comming?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hrmm i heard on the radio that he was going to liverpool, but i just read he hasn't yet. Liverpool are expected to name their new manager in 2 weeks time.

Question about Owen and Gerrard still stands though.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann has admitted he could be tempted by a move back to German football.

The 30-year-old German international has been linked with a possible return to former club Bayern Munich this summer.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A few tidbits. It seems that although Vladmir Smicer wants a new contract there has already been interest from the likes of Southampton...

Personally I'd like him to stay as a super sub, and if we start playing more attacking football it could suite his style of play more and we might get the best out of him.

Apparantly Djimi Traore is off to Wolves but there is a dispute over his wages...

All I have to say is thank God!!! Jesus! I'll pay his wages to get him out of the club.

With Benitez coming...here comes the league title. YESSSS!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well i wouldn't get too excited he isn't there yet althiugh it looks on the cards that he will. As for the league title you may have to wait awhile. A place in europe looks your best bet again for next season.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Probably Terminator but my reaction is the whole point. After two seasons of mediocrity there's actually something to look forward to and be excited about. We don't know what's around the corner, success or disaster, but either way it's great to be excited by the unknown again.

Another season of Houllier will no doubt have had half the Liverpool fans committing suicide.

TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Vladimir Smicer's agent has scuppered Lens' hopes of bringing the Czech Republic midfielder back to the Stade Felix-Bollaert from Liverpool.

Smicer spent three successful years at Lens before moving to Anfield in the summer of 1999, and Lens, who finished eighth in Ligue 1, were believed to be keen to take the playmaker back.

But his agent Pavel Paska claimed that Lens could not afford Smicer's wages.

Sir

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I guess Liverpool have everything to play for, the only way is up for them at the moment. I mean they can't do no worse. So whats the deal with a takeover and the new manager? Things have gone a bit quiet on them fronts.

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Liverpool midfielder Bruno Cheyrou has revealed he would be interested in a move to Marseille after the French giants expressed an interest in signing him.

The France international has not been particularly successful since moving to Anfield two years ago and he believes a return to Ligue 1 would be the best way to resurrect his career with Les Bleus.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Rafael Benitez is set to be unveiled as the new manager of Liverpool within days, BBC Sport understands.
The 44-year-old is favourite to replace Gerard Houllier, who was sacked in May, but is serving a notice period after quitting Valencia on 1 June.

Last week Manuel Garcia Quilon, who represents Benitez, said no talks with the Reds had so far taken place.

And, although he said there would be developments "in the next few days", there has been no news from Anfield.

Benitez has already been replaced at Valencia, by the former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri.

link

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
St Etienne are prepared to offer Salif Diao an escape route from his Liverpool misery.
The Senegal midfielder has struggled to establish himself on Anfield since being signed from Sedan by former Reds manager Gerard Houllier.

Diao barely featured last season but constantly proclaimed his desire to remain part of the Liverpool set-up.

TRD

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Rafael Benitez insisted he was undaunted by the prospect of restoring Liverpool to the pinnacle of English football after being officially unveiled as the club's new manager.

The 44-year-old Spaniard has signed a five-year deal at Anfield after quitting Valencia whom he guided to a Spanish League and UEFA Cup double last season.

Benitez - who called his Anfield appointment a "dream" - believes hard work and team-building is the key to overhauling Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea and regaining domestic glory.

But he will lose no sleep over the quality of those rivals on the back of his double title success in Spain.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join