It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool: Liverpool

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
Sir

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I would say it's time for Gerald H to depart, he hasn't achieved that much and people seem to be losing confidence in him. Would you trust him to make decent signings with all the money after some of the last ones?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Absolutely not. We might get £60 million here and he'd buy complete crap. We know that's what's going to happen though, deary me.

TRD

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I hope it doesn't happen...really.

I don't really hate any team anymore maybe just the one or two but i hate it when a manager just wastes money on shyte players. Especially now the euro's are comming up look how many teams will buy useless players for a over inflated price. I don't know what Liverpool can do, you have to go with what the manager does but really i think GH has played out his time at Liverpool and it would be the right time to bring in a new manager right now before the money becomes available.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
To be honest Mr Houllier has made some shyte transfers. But so have alot of other managers. Expectations are higher at Liverpool than a few other clubs and it makes him look bad i guess. I don't think he is a bad manager he has managed to win a the FA Cup and that so he can't be that bad. I just think he has run out of ideas and should step back and let someone else take over.

TRD

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Gerard Houllier has responded angrily to suggestions he may not be in charge beyond the final game of this season.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
you should have seen his interview in the echo a couple of days ago. he is an angry, bitter man. he was whining on about how he's won 6 trophies (the charity shield and super cup are NOT proper trophies mr houllier) and that diouf has been a good signing because we won a trophy with him. nonesense.

he also said that he's been a success because the club asked him to get champions league football only every 3 years (surely that cant be true) and that 4th has been a great success because of all the injuries this season.

my favorite part was when he said our record in europe is wonderful and that we havent lost many games.

our record is:
Overall: W27-D9-L19
Champions League: 9-4-9
UEFA Cup: 18-5-10

im bored of all of it.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
from today's houllier sky interview:

"We are not a boring team, check facts not impressions.

"We attack, we average 15 shots a game, that is tremendous. We have not been negative, that is a wrong impression."

youve got to laugh, eh?

TRD

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hrmm seriously i can't see how Diouf has been a good signing. I have seen Liverpool enough times on the TV to see he isn't that good. I can't understand why he thinks he should have to defend himself if he thinks Liverpool have done so well. Sounds like he is trying to come up with excuses for all the bad signings and lack of success....

TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Owen grabs a equaliser Liverpool 1 Newcastle 1

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So now we're in the CL again next season. With the potential vast investment iminent soon as well things are looking very rosy at Anfield. One would even say a glimmer of hope.

However, what concerns most fans is that even with all this money Houllier will go out and buy more crap players who aren't fit to wear the red shirt.

I think I'm going to have faith in him for one more season, let's see who he brings in. There's only one man I'd accept as a replacement for him right now and that is Cappello, that would be great.

Otherwise, let's give him another season.

Sir

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
They did well in the end to make europe with all the shyte that has gone on this year with the death threats and stuff. Top five easy if they hang onto all the good players. I'm sure they will make a few good signings. GH isn't that bad a manager, better than some i can think off.

TRD

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yea they did ok but there was a huge gap between them and the top 2 so away's to go yet.

So what's the deal with Heskey? It looks like Birminham have tried to sign him for 5 million and he could sign today?

TRD

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Leeds are clearly determined to get the best possible price for Smith, and are proving they will not be held to ransom, despite their relegation to the Football League.It is believed Smith and his representatives have held preliminary negotiations with Liverpool, who are in a hard-bargaining position after recently guaranteeing themselves Champions League football for next season.Smith to Liverpool would at least sit better with the Leeds supporters than Smith to Manchester United, although it remains to be seen if the latter come in with a further improved offer.

TRD

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thailand's Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra claims Liverpool have accepted his 60million bid to buy a 30 per cent stake in the club.The Liverpool board have to choose between Thaskin's offer and a rival 73million bid from building tycoon and lifelong fan Steve Morgan.David Moores, whose family has had control of Liverpool for half a century, owns 51% of the club and television company Granada have a 9.9% share.The board have claimed Morgan's offer does not represent the true value of the club.

TRD

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Crewe boss Dario Gradi has been given the go-ahead by Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier to speak to Neil Mellor about a loan move to Gresty Road.

The 21-year-old striker is on the fringes of the Liverpool first team and endured a miserable loan spell at West Ham last season.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
houllier to leave? who knows. im pretty sure not even the anfield board have decided yet. the latest rumour links valencia's rafa benitez with the soon to be vacant (hopefully) anfield hotseat. i like him. when valencia came to anfield a couple of years ago, they played some of the best football i have ever seen. possession football, one touch pass and move; like we were back in the glory days.

but even acknowledging valencia's long struggle against bankruptcy, im not entirely sure why he'd want to leave. perhaps he wants a new challenge. and there is no bigger challenge in world football than teaching danny murphy to have a pass completion percentage in double figures.

bring aimar with you, sir.

TRD

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Liverpool saga took another dramatic turn on Friday when multi-millionaire building magnate Steve Morgan admitted defeat in his efforts to invest in Liverpool after having a second offer rejected by the club.

Morgan's original 73million offer was turned down after Liverpool directors claimed he had undervalued the current worth of the club, and a revised offer made earlier this week was also rejected.

The Liverpool fan today announced he "is reluctantly withdrawing his offer to underwrite an injection of much-needed new capital" into the club.

The development leaves the way open to a controversial investment from Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra but still leaves manager Gerard Houllier in limbo.

TRD

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
French striker Djibril Cisse insists his move to Liverpool from Auxerre will not be derailed if there is a change of manager at Anfield.

The 22-year-old does not believe continued speculation surrounding the future of Gerard Houllier will have any impact on his move to the Reds, which has been on the cards for a year but has yet to be officially confirmed.

TRD

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Valencia coach Rafael Benitez says that he has heard about interest from Liverpool about taking over from Gerard Houllier as manager.
After leading his side to the Spanish title and the Uefa Cup, Benitez has been strongly linked with a move to Merseyside.

Houllier has been under increasing pressure despite delivering the minimum requirement of fourth place and UEFA Champions League football for next season.

Rumours over his future will not go away and the likes of Benitez, along with Martin O'Neill, Alan Curbishley, Sam Allardyce and Jose Mourinho have all been linked with the job.

www.skysports.com...

TRD

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thailand's Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has moved a step closer to buying what is thought to be a 30 to 50 per cent stake in Liverpool.

Deputy commerce minister Pongsak Raktapongpaisarn claims an agreement "on all aspects" of the deal has been reached.

That is believed to include two seats on the Anfield board and a memorandum of understanding, which is the final stage before a deal is concluded, is expected to be signed in July.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join