It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fulham: Fulham to sign new keeper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
fulham are close to signing Portuguese goalkeeper Ricardo Baptista but also want to keep van der sar

"We had him on trial here recently, and we are trying to get him in," said Coleman.

"We are currently negotiating a price with Vitoria Setubal. Good young keepers are hard to come by at the moment, and if someone was injured we might have a problem.

"He has a lot of potential, and he did very well when he was with us here for a week."

about van der sar

"I sat down with Edwin last Friday, and we had a good conversation," added Coleman.

"It was healthy. He knew where we were coming from, and I know what he wants.

"As I have said throughout, we want to keep Edwin at Fulham, and I think the signs are good that he wants to stay.

"Until he signs - or he doesn't - we will not know for sure, but everything he is saying to me suggests that he wants to stay.

"But we have not offered him a contract yet. We have talked to him about offering him a new deal."

TRD

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Van der sar has been great for them, i wonder if Arsenal will make a move for him?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
yer, with wenger saying lehmann can go, i guess it could happen and maybe this is fulham preparing themselves.

but they have held on to van der sar for a good few years now, so it cant just be about money with him. maybe he really does like it there.

join