It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fulham: Roy Carroll to Fulham?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Fulham are keen to land Manchester United keeper Roy Carroll on a free in the summer - and Edwin van der Sar could move to Old Trafford.

Wales veteran Mark Crossley is currently number one at Craven Cottage - leading to speculation that United could move for an unsettled van der Sar at the end of the season.

Carroll is also top man between the sticks at United after Tim Howard was dropped following a number of high-profile blunders - but he has so far turned down the offer of a new contract.

Sportinglife

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Cant see it myself personally, although both would be suited to the clubs i cant see caroll leaving man utd for fulham

TRD

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I would have thought they would keep him. They have had goalkeeping troubles ever since Peter Schmiechal called it a day..

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Big mistake if they let him go, he is one of the better keepers they have had in recent times.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I would have thought they would keep him. They have had goalkeeping troubles ever since Peter Schmiechal called it a day..

i tottaly agree with what you said there TRD. bosnich to taibi to ricardo and so on. carroll seams to be reliable but i think the thing is. he aint a house hold name.. you think. oliver kahn, buffon, cassilas, canizares and seaman and so on. but then you get roy carroll and people outwith the uk will be like???? who on earth. i think he aint got that kind of repuation

i think van der sar is a great keeper and would do well trying to sign him

TRD

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Van der sar is a very good keeper, but its going to be hard to get him. It looks like a few teams have been struggling with their keepers. A few years back there was plenty of top class keepers, nowadays the numbers seem to have dropped.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i remember in the mid 90's when ajax where amazing before they built the stadium. van der sar was just about the best keeper in the world and he moved to juventus. at fulham hes been really good, but the ambition mo fayed once had seems to have gone

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
chris coleman has came out and explained that the relationship between current club keeper van der sar and the club is good and that he wants the giant keeper to stay

'I talked with Edwin about the situation this morning,'' confirmed Coleman.

''We're hoping to set something up with his agent but as yet nothing has been organised.

''The relationship between Fulham and Edwin Van der Sar has always been great and that hasn't changed.

''We want to keep him at the club.''

*link doesnt seem to work*

[Edited on 12/11/04 by rynaldo82]

TRD

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Of course they want him to stay, who wouldn't. It all depends what they are gonna offer him...

new topics

top topics

join