It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fulham: Coleman: Relegation not an option

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Chris Coleman has promised his squad they face some painful training sessions and warned his players that fighting relegation is not an option.

Four defeats from eight Premiership matches represents a dismal return for Coleman who began the campaign full of optimism following last season's heroics and a busy summer in the transfer market.

"There's a lot of hard work ahead of us on the training pitch. If we don't get it right and don't start competing week-in week-out it's going to be a long, hard season," said the Welshman.

"Some of my boys need to wake up and smell the coffee. We've got to find some consistency from somewhere because we haven't had it so far this season. We've been good, bad then indifferent.

"It's not about doing well one week and then having a day off the next. We're not good enough to do that. We have to show the same hunger whether we're playing Man United or Crystal Palace.

"If we don't we're in for a long hard season and come March or April we'll still be in the bottom seven or eight teams. I don't want to be there - I've been there before and it's not a nice feeling."

I don't think they will go down, won't reach the heights of last season though.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
i think fulham are too good too go down, the progress they have done is fantastic, in about 5 years they went from nearly relegated to the conference division up to the premiership,

coleman seems to be a good manager too, mohammed al fayed doesnt seem as interested in the team, ever since they got promoeted to the prem it was, we will be the new man utd and it didnt happen. now you dont hear from him.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hey they said West Ham was too good to go down and we did with a side filled with Internationals......

Fulham i'm sure will turn it around as there is worse clubs in the league.

join