It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers release 6 - plus more...

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
West Ham United have released six members of their first team squad, with Lionel Scaloni the most high profile casualty. The Argentine international has been released by Alan Pardew after spending the last part of the season on loan from Deportivo La Coruna. Reports had suggested that the full back - who is in Argentina's World Cup squad - could be retained at Upton Park, but he has now been told he is not being kept on.

Also axed are defenders Sekou Baradji, Darren Blewitt, Trent McClenahan, goalkeeper Matthew Reed and Czech striker Petr Mikolanda. The Hammers have also released a number of youngsters with Darren Behcet, Jemal Henry, Ryan Andrews, David Cowley, Liam White, Ishmael Welsh, Densal Davidson and Eren Kemal shown the door at Upton Park.

Skysports

Quite surprised McClenahan has gone as he looked promising at left back, but i guess with Konchesky he wasn't going to get a game. So it looks like Clarke might be staying as he can play left back aswell.

They bought Mikolanda awhile back and had high expectations of him. He was unhappy that he wasnt getting a game and they put him out on loan. He was meant to be some sort of player when they bought him and was raving about him but it looks like he didnt turn out as they expected.

As for Scaloni i thought he played better towards the end of the season but we are meant to be going in for Luke Young. Nothing else has been said about it so i'm not sure if we will sign him now, but i wouldn't count out a move for GlenJohnson as we tried to get him in January.

new topics

join