It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Clarke exit?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Norwich City boss Nigel Worthington has confirmed his interest in signing West Ham United utility player Clive Clarke.

The 26-year-old struggled to hold down a regular first-team place with the FA Cup finalists this past season, having moved to The Hammers in a 275,000 deal from Stoke City.

LINK

I thought he did ok in the few times i watched him play. We got him quite cheaply and as he can cover a few positions it might be worthwhile keeping hold of him.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Clarke is not that bad a player, and unless Pardew is going to bring in a couple of decent versatile players then he would be better off keeping him.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I dont think i have seen this guy play, up at Celtic we had McNamara who could play midfield, and in defense too. We got him for around 200k.

He was a decent player, not someone who could skin other players, but for the job he did was good. Hes never been replaced with another player who can do the same roles

These kinda players are worthwhile having, at some point when your team gets 4 or 5 injuries at once, they come in handy

TRD

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
With the rest of the team playing so well it was hard for him to get a game, but we was lucky with injuries. Next season we might not be as lucky and we might need a player like him. Pardew isn't really in a position to let players go but if they want to go to get first team football then he wont have a choice.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I know what you mean about his oppurtunities to get a game has been limited, but the player himself being a relative cheap buy, no doubt hes on peanuts compared to some of the other players, he must know what his role in the team is and know hes going to get a handull of games a season

new topics

top topics

join