It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Benayoun a Liverpool target?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
West Ham midfielder Yossi Benayoun is reportedly a 6million summer target of Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez following his performance in the FA Cup final.

The Israel international has been in outstanding form for the Hammers since his 2.5million move from Racing Santander to Upton Park last summer and almost guided his country to the World Cup finals.

Benitez has been an admirer of the attacking midfielder from his time in Spain and according to the Daily Mirror, sources close to Benayoun say a possible transfer to Anfield was sounded out before Saturday's final.

Sportinglife

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
wouldnt surprise me, he's a great player, but did look unbonded on saturday & seemed to be playing for himself & not with the others, if u know what i mean, he passed yes but he didnt encourage the others enough. he has a great future ahead of him tho as he is a pacey, skillfull winger with tons of ability

aj7

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
yossi is a legend he will never leavae west ham

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
For enough money he will. If a big club comes in for him with enough money he will leave

aj7

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
no he wont he is commited to the hammers

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
At the start i wasnt sure of him, but watching him play more and more i think hes a really good player and a good attacking winger. Reminds me a bit of Joe Cole as he likes to cut inside into the box rather than run to the corner flag.

Not sure if Liverpool will make a move, i think Luis Gacria and Kewell are playing good football these days. I think at West Ham hes guarenteed to be getting a game, i aint sure if that would be the case at Liverpool besides... he aint Spanish

Wouldnt suprise me though if a team does come in for him, i used to think Berkovic was the best Israeli i had seen play but Benayoun is better

TRD

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Last January two clubs reportedly was trying to make moves for him.

He chose to come to West Ham instead of Bolton and big Sam was a lil pissed to say the least. Now everyone knows why as he is a cracking player. I think clubs will show an interest in him, but West Ham wont sell unless there is a huge offer on the table and i'm talking way more than the 6mill Liverpool are talking about.

aj7

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
YOSSI IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yossi was the surprise package in the Prem last season, he sure turned a few heads. He has great skill on the ball and unlike Berkovic he has an eye for goal. Next season he will only be better, it took a little while for him to adjust but he is definatly settled in now. If a big club comes in for him woth an huge offer it will be hard to turn down but i hope the Hammers hold on to him.

new topics

top topics

join