It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Anton Ferdinand to Barcelona?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
They have had scouts at West Ham games this season and they are looking for a young up and comming central defender. It seems that Anton is top of the list but they will have to pay quite a bit for him as he is turning into one of our star players. He recently signed a deal untill 2010 so the 5.5million thats being suggested wont nearly be enough. We was interested in Gabri and they could use him to bargain with but i cant see West Ham selling at the moment. It would be different if we wasnt doing aswell, but we have built up a good crop of youngsters. The club is not in financial difficulty anymore so there is no reason to sell.

The only way i see him going is if he really wants to go himself, but can you see the top English clubs passing him by? A few have already shown interest in him and the price will soon hike up and maybe price Barca out of the market.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I could see him going, maybe not to Barca but someone else. He is a greedy b'stard like his brother, who people forget held out for a huge contract at Man United. To me it seems they just want the money, but the 4-5mill thats being said that Barca are going to offer wont be nearly enough so they can forget that.

When you look at it if they get a huge bid for him i would take it, no hesitation. Anton loves the lifestyle and could prove troublesome in a few years time. He'll look at Lampard, Rio, Cole and the others and think i will want some of that. So ship him out cash in and in steps a player who i rate better than Anton by a mile..... Elliot Ward.

Sir

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Pardew is laughing it off, i dont think an official approach has been made. But yea, the scouts have been there..

He is improving alot and i hope we can keep hold of him longer than his brother.There is a buzz again around Upton Park with this new crop of youngsters and the future looks bright again. We just need to keep hold of them.

join