It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers in for Ashton

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
West Ham have agreed a fee with Norwich for their star striker Dean Ashton. Ashton has been a long-term transfer target for West Ham boss Alan Pardew as he looks to bolster his attack.

Skysports

Its alot of money 7.5million and will be our record transfer signing. But the deal still has to be sorted... Is he worth it? well i don't know, they paid 4million for him a couple of seasons ago and he was rated very highly then. There was alot of clubs after him at the time and a few was interested this time around.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i heard this on the radio, 7 million and i thought woah! i remember Ashton did quite well in the Premiership playing for a crap team, but 7 million does semm soo much money.

Put it this way, if hes that ammount, what is Andy Johnson? 15 million? he scores all the time

Still, i think Ashton is a good player,should do good for you

TRD

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
He had his medical today and he signed, it was too late for him to play today but they paraded him before the Fulham game.. It will be interesting to see what happens as you dont pay 7mill for a player which is your record signing and sit him on the bench...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
maybe hes going to go for the 4-3-3 formation, am i right in saying he tried that earlier on in the season?

dont kno whats going to happen with Katan though, seen him come on.

Would be funny if he scored more goals as he cost 100k rather than Aston at 7 million lol

TRD

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ashton is struggling with a groin injury, great start in a West Ham shirt. He is out of the weekend clash in the cup and is a maybe for the Arsenal game on wednesday, but they are saying he will definatly be ready for the next game after that against Sunderland.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
He could be a massive signing, he did pretty good in his brief spell in the Prem. It will be interesting to see how he does as there will be big expectations from him as he went for so much money.

TRD

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hopefully he is ready for the Arsenal game on wednesday, but the team is on a hig after 4 wins on the trot and i wouldn't rush him into it if he is not 100% ...

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
yip, to add to what TRD said, why change a winning forumla

does make you think he will be eased into the team coming on as a sub before he makes his first start

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
How did he do the other day? i see he started the game and scored a goal. At least hes started doing what you want him to do.

Noticed Harewood was on the bench and Teddy,

Harewood has been in good form, do you think your manger knows who to play up front with Ashton?

new topics

top topics

join