It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers!

page: 1

join
share:
Sir

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How good are they doing so far this season?

Great win to kick off against Blackburn, then they was unlucky against Newcastle in the 1-1 draw and should have really won it. Then it was Bolton, although we lost 2-0 i thought we was the better side. Then came our best performance against Villa as we gave them a 4-0 drubbing. Last saturday was Fulham who have been playing pretty well and we beat them 2-1 but by the sounds off it we just about held on..

We played tonight in the Coca-Cola cup and beat sheffield 4-2 away so that was an even better result. Bellion came on as sub and got his first goal for the club and it was good to see him get a run out..

Next weekend is Arsenal and i think we have a good chance to get a result against them.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yip, its a good job you are on form cos going against Arsenal you need to be at your best, Harewood is doing well of recent and it will be interesting to see him up against big Sol Campell who did good the other night, he will want to play another good game and with Harewood scoring in his last 2 games, i have a feeling Campbell might keep him quiet.

Is this game at upton park?

Good stuff Bellion scoring, his pace can hurt teams, usefull weopon too have

Sir

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yes, it's being played at Upton Park.

Campbell isn't exactly the quickest and we do have alot of pace in the side now, we are not as physical a side but a bit more skilfull which will pose problems for arsenal as they are very physical and sometimes very dirty in the tackle and could concede quite a few free kicks, maybe a penalty or a sending off.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i guess natually being at home then, theres more believe that you can get something from the game.

Cambelle and Toure in the centre most likely, and yip. I agree, they aint the fastest centrebacks and if Senderos plays he aint lighting.

I think Zamora, Bellion and Harewood all have pace, early yellow card fo any of the arsenal back 4 and woah! they wil be on a knifes edge for the rest of the game.

With Sheringhame getting rested the other day, with him not being the quickest, do you think he will play or be on the subs bench again?

As this is a bigger game than the Fulham one, and with him being rested then, i expect Sheringham to start, whatyou think though, Harewood and Sheringham or will Zamora get a game again?

Sir

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
They rested quite a few of the players in todays game..

The team was....

34 Shaka Hislop
2 Tomas Repka
14 Chris Cohen
22 Elliott Ward
19 James Collins
7 Christian Dailly
16 Gavin Williams
26 Shaun Newton
24 Mark Noble
25 Bobby Zamora
10 Marlon Harewood

Subs...

31 Tony Stokes
17 Hayden Mullins
41 Matthew Reed
29 Hogan Ephraim
21 David Bellion

The only two that have played regular are Harewood and Repka, but they still won 4-2, thats how much the confidenece of the club is flowing..

So everyone got rested for the game against Arsenal. Pardew isn't stupid and they will all be fresh and raring to go. I bet he will have them all playing a game behind closed doors to keep them on the ball..

Harewood will start with Sheringham..

new topics

top topics

join