It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Sheringham to stay?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Alan Pardew has confirmed to Sky Sports News that Teddy Sheringham will be offered fresh terms.

The veteran striker is out of contract at Upton Park having played a major role in securing the club's return to The Premiership, via a play-off final defeat of Preston. Despite his advanced years, Pardew is convinced Sheringham can still perform at the highest level and will attempt to secure his services in the near future.

LINK

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
he sure is getting old but after helping you up i would imagine he would want to feature for the team this season in the top flight, unless he thinks he cant cut it and i think Sheringham is an honest enough player to admit that.

with Rebrov going, Harewood likely to fire blanks. I think with you keeping Zamora it best you keep him aswell, as he has the experience and even if he dont play much, having him there is bound to help!

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
He will probably be a bit part player, kinda like how Bergkamp will be at Arsenal next season, reduced number of appearances but vital to the team

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
yer, that sounds like a good answer.

i doubt he could feature every game for them, but that kind of experience defintly helps the younger players.

look at Di Canio at Lazio, he must be like 36 and he leads that team

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Albeit Lazio is a club in crisis it is a similar situation.
Sheringham must be like 39 and time is not on his side but he will help the younger lads with vital experience of top flight football and give the club a competitive edge

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
He will sign a new deal, he turned down the job at Millwall the other day and he must fancy one last crack at the Prem. He played a bit part last season in alot of the games and i expect the same. I could also see him staying at West Ham in some form when he retires aswell..

TRD

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Teddy Sheringham is "95 percent certain" to remain with West Ham, according to his agent Barry Nevill. In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports News, Nevill played down any suggestions that his client would be tempted by a move to Australia with Queensland Roar. Despite interest from all over the globe, the evergreen 39-year-old is ready to commit to another season with The Hammers following their elevation back to the top flight.

LINK

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

West Ham striker Teddy Sheringham is set to play in the Premiership as a 40-year-old after signing a new one-year contract with the club.

Sheringham joined West Ham a year ago after being released by Portsmouth.

He scored 20 Championship goals to help the Hammers reach the play-offs though he was on the bench for the final in the 1-0 win over Preston.

source

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Good deal that, west ham need every bit of experience being the team with currently the weakest squad in the top flight

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
yip, i have to admit i never quite relized he is 40 now

i think despite his age, its a good move, he has a footballing brain and this will help the rest of the team. teams to need a figure of influence

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly
Good deal that, west ham need every bit of experience being the team with currently the weakest squad in the top flight

I wouldn't go that far as to say the 'weakest' squad. Maybe unexpirenced, not weakest.

As for Sheringham, good deal to get him for another year. Even if he only plays in a few of the games, it will be good to have him around the younger players at Upton Park, well ok the kids as everyone is younger than Sheringham!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Be good to have around to help out the youngsters.

TRD

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sheringham will be a massive asset and against certain clubs he will be more than capable. His role will more than likely be that of a substitute and starting the odd game here and there.

new topics

top topics

join