It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers in La Liga swoop!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Premiership new boys West Ham United have been linked with a twin raid on La Liga. The Hammers are looking to bolster their squad after clinching a return to the top flight and have reportedly targeted Albert Celades and Sergi Barjuan.

Real Madrid midfielder Celades is likely to leave Santiago Bernabeu on a free transfer in the summer and is understood to have an offer from West Ham. Celades is giving serious consideration to the bid but there is likely to be strong interest from across Europe in the 29-year-old.

LINK

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
i remember Sergi at Barcelona, a left back and hes always had tremondous pace!

if this club Atlectico dont give him a renewed contract hes free to go, but its like, if thats happens i am leaving the game so it would have to be something special to tempt him to stay.

Celades they will have to battle with other clubs for him and i guess the thing that works in West Ham's favour is that they are in the Premiership and thats an attractive league

I think he was at Bordeuax last season? he was in France am pretty sure and hes never really been a major player at Real.

But he has European experience and playing in Spain and France so am pretty sure he would be ok, just sitting in the midfield knocking the ball about.

Sir

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sergi has retired, well Atlectico havn't given him a new deal and he said he will retire if he can't stay there. As for Celades, he is good. I would like to see him come to Upton Park for sure, we could do with a player like him.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
With Celades, hes got plenty european experience and i think he would fit into the Premiership without too much trouble.

I think for him, theres going to be alot of teams wanting him and its a gamble for him, if West Ham did go back down that would harm his career as the last few seasons hes just been going about on loan deals. I would imagine he wants something concrete

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I guess so as he is only 29 and has a few years left in him.. I would like to see Pardew sign him, he is a solid enough player and would definatly boost our midfield.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
its saying Celades is likely to leave on a free transfer, it saves paying a couple of million you would have to pay if he was on contract. if you can manage to pay repka, i would imagine you would be able to pay for this guy too..

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sergi has annouced his retirement so theres no chance of him moving to you now. he might be too old in fairness but hes always been a pretty pacey player. wonder what left back is next to look at

[url=http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=282299&CPID=23&CLID=21&lid=&title=Sergi+confirms+retirement&channel=Premiership]Retirment[/u rl]

top topics

join