It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
They made the play-offs and have Ipswich, which won't be easy at all...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Get through to the final and loose again most probably.

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What a result! 2-0 an din the play-off finals..

I was speaking to Teflondon earlier on the phone and he was saying how much Zamora has improved lately and he is starting to look pretty good. Little did he know, Zamora was to have an outstanding game and score both the goals. What annoyed me was, Harewood had a really good game and acted like a twat right at the end and got booked...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i heard you had won 2nite, do you think you will make it into the premiership with the playoffs

TRD

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Did Judith Chalmers have a passport?

Of course we will win the final, we are West Ham!!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Love it!

TRD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
West Ham striker Bobby Zamora accepts that the club's supporters are entitled to voice their criticism. The former Brighton and Tottenham forward has been a target for the boo-boys at Upton Park but was the hero on Wednesday night when scoring both goals in the 2-0 win at Ipswich Town. The Portman Road success takes The Hammers to Cardiff for the play-off final for the second successive season.

LINK

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Did Judith Chalmers have a passport?

Of course we will win the final, we are West Ham!!

I think they won't make the mistake they did last season and they will go up. Will Sheringhma be available for the final like they said he might be?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I can't see them losing the final. But to go back into the prem with the squad they have? They will struggle for sure. They need to add quite a few players and they just don't have the money to do that.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There is a chance Sherringham will be fit, it is looking likely he will be on the bench.

I don't think the intention is for the club to stay up, they come up get the money, go back down and get the two years payments from the league, it's all about the buck at West Ham.

Sir

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm hoping Sheringham can play some sort of role in the final. Its going to be a good game but i think we will just have enough to beat them.

If we do go up i think we might surprise a few people and win a game..

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
As long as we do Spurs home and away I'd be happy.

TRD

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
5 days and counting...

10/1 on Preston recording a fourth successive 2-1 victory over West Ham in Cardiff on Bank Holiday Monday. Billy Davies has led his North End side to within 90 minutes of a return to top-flight football for the first time in 44 years. The Lilywhites have lost just three of their last 25 games but start the Cardiff showpiece as underdogs. That is because the Irons have been beaten just once in their last 12 but it was the Lancastrians who won both league meetings with the Hammers during the regular season.

And remember Alan Pardew's side froze on the big occasion 12 months ago as they suffered a 1-0 defeat in the final against Crystal Palace.

Preston have won this fixture by the odd goal in three on three consecutive occasions and having triumphed 2-1 in three of their last nine fixtures away from Deepdale, 2-1 PNE has a decent look at 12/1 correct score odds. Striker David Nugent opened the scoring in the first leg of the play-off semi-final against Derby and also in March's victory at Upton Park. The transfer window recruit from Bury has nine goals to his name from his last 16 appearances and has broken the deadlock five times during this run.

He looks as though he merits the call at 7/1 to score first and that becomes a 40/1 goalcast should Preston win 2-1. Much maligned striker Bobby Zamora confounded his critics with three goals against Ipswich to take the Londoners back to the Welsh capital and is 6/1 to break the deadlock. And the Hammers have an in-form marksman in the ilk of Marlon Harewood, who has netted five goals in his last seven matches and having struck the first goal 13 times this term, is an obvious selection at 6/1 in the first scorer market.

LINK

TRD

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
England Under-21 international Nigel Reo-Coker insists his future rests in the hands of West Ham United. Reo-Coker has been tipped to move to The Premiership in time following a series of promising displays for The Hammers. Should West Ham fail to beat Preston North End in the Championship play-off final next Monday, it could hasten rumours of an exit from Upton Park. But, while conceding he wants to play in the top flight, Reo-Coker will not press for a move away from The Hammers.

"I'm a West Ham player, that's all I know, and until I know anything different I'm a West Ham player for now through and through," Reo-Coker told Sky Sports News.

"Basically, every kid's dream is to play at the highest level but, at the end of the day, I'm signed to West Ham.

"If clubs are interested they can talk to West Ham United, it's nothing to do with me really.

"At the end of the day, I won't be sold to another club unless I'm performing well and doing the business on the pitch."

Reo-Coker joined The Hammers from Milton Keynes Dons in January 2004 and has been a key cog in Alan Pardew's machine. He will be able to showcase his talents at The Millennium Stadium, live on Sky Sports 1, on Bank Holiday Monday but Reo-Coker is trying to downplay the importance of the game with Preston. The 21-year-old added: "We're treating as much of a normal match day as possible."

Skysports .com

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i aint familiar with this guy Rio-coker. does he look to be in the same mold as the Rio Ferdinand, Johnson etc when it comes to defense?

am sure hes wanting to stay if West Ham go up, but if they dont is it going to harm his career, it sounds like that?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
He is like a young Paul Ince.

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Coker is looking better and better the more he plays. It remains to be seen if he can be effective in the prem, but that will go for a lot of our players and next season does look a bit daunting. We definatly need to make some signings and good ones at that.

Oh BTW did i metion we won promotion!!!!!!!!

A couple of names i heard was West Ham going back in for Aliadere on loan and Hoyte of Arsenal...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
West Ham going back for more Arsenal rejects, e.g. Hartson, Suker, Winterburn etc

Im proud for West Ham but they will struggle next year badly unless they invest, but its a tightrope game with finances to manage

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hartson and Winterburn were great players...

They will not be rejects as they would only be loan signings in Hoyte and Aliadiere..

As for our finaces, thats no problem, we was 48 million in debt when we went down and thats now been halved. Its a mangeable amount now and the club is not worried about it as we are making a profit and its being covered. The wage bill is at its lowest for years and things dont look as bad as people make them out to be. Pardew will have between 15 and 20 million to spend and with the signings he has made since he has been there he will use it wisely and should bring in 2-4 loan players aswell, so he might not spend it all...

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sergei Rebrov is to turn his back on newly-promoted Barclays Premiership side West Ham for a return to Dynamo Kiev.

The Ukraine international striker, who has a right to leave the team after the end of the season as a free agent, told Ukrainian Segodnya newspaper: "I will be in Dynamo Kiev." Rebrov maintains he has a preliminary agreement with Dynamo president Ihor Surkis, adding: "I will agree on any conditions of Dynamo because they are interested in me."

LINK

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join