It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Ham United: Hammers News..!!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He played over a week ago for Arsenal, i think it was in the FA Cup against Sheffield or it may have been a league game.. He came on on the second half and looked quite sprightly and nearly scored with his first touch of the ball...

Yeah Cardiff are in dire staits and need to sell players, but they are trying to hold out for better bids.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
oh yeh i remember, the near post save by paddy kenny which almost got us through

But aliadiere in a west ham shirt? hmm :sport-smiley-019:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i think the one you said about bentley sounds quite realistic, i think wenger has said in the past he will be holding on to Alliadere, but he will need to be playing games to get fit after his injury. by the time the summer comes though. its hard to say what will happen

TRD

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Its only a loan to the end of the season for aliadiere...

TRD

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Alan Pardew does not think he will be sacked if West Ham fail to beat Leicester City in Sky Sports' live Friday night fixture. The Hammers boss is under pressure after a 1-1 draw with struggling Crewe Alexandra that leaves the East Londoners in seventh place, level on points with Sheffield United. There have been some sounds of discontent from the Upton Park faithful but Pardew is adamant he can still obtain promotion via the play-offs.

link

TRD

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Looks like we won't get Aliadiere

Pardew: "We enquired about Aliadiere," he said. "We felt there was a good chance of getting him in, but it didn't happen."

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
lol!
Ah well. The funniest thing is i am going with a few of my male mates and my bf to see west ham play leicester 2moro night, now ive heard west ham have been bad of recent but tomorrow i get the chance to see this up close
:sport-smiley-019:

TRD

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hehe, well don't expect too much. To be honest on our day we are not that bad at all. Pardew just seems to picking the wrong team and leaving players out he shouldn't. Expect the crowd to be unruly and be giving Pardew plenty of stick if we don't get off to a good start...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
ooooooooooh dear

2-2, was a great game to watch and had all the key elements a good game has, ill run through how i saw it

about 25 mins in long ball bywater could have come out for it, ran back into goal, connolly rounds him, bywater trips him up. Certain red, lucky with a yellow.
Penalty scored 1-0

30 mins in, west ham pick up the ball from own half, harewood crosses, sheringham bullet .er 1-1. It looked as if it would miss sheringham, but he got to it

37 mins in, west ham dont properly clear a ball, keith gillespie takes a bullet shot and it goes tip corner, bywater no chance, cant be blamed for this 1

2nd half
sheringham 60 odd mins snap shot, deflection from dabizas and wrong foots walker

78 mins in
sure goal for west ham is blocked on goaline by dabizas hand, penalty and red card

penalty, harewood takes, tries to showboat and trick walker, the penalty was a disaster. Walker was gift wrapped the penalty and harewood is the villan of the night.

Bywater had pressure on his shoulders lifted a bit, but he was rocky and dodgy and the penalty was bad

so 2 points dropped for west ham, not good lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
was this west ham and leicester? that would have been a good match.

for...whos legs where you watching dilly

apart from mine and TRD's :party-smiley-018:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
lol u wish!

it was a gripping game, definately live footy is better then any footy on the television

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Pressure mounted further on West Ham manager Alan Pardew after The Hammers could only manage a 2-2 draw with ten-man Leicester on Friday night. The Hammers twice came from behind with two goals from Teddy Sheringham, but were left to rue a late penalty miss from Marlon Harewood which cost them maximum points. The draw leaves The Hammers outside the play-off places, and the East Londoners will be kicking themselves after letting victory slip through their fingers in a game they dominated for long spells.

LINK

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

West Ham boss Alan Pardew has defiantly insisted he won't be forced from his position despite seeing his side lose more ground in the race for the play-offs on Friday night.

LINK

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Tony Cottee has confirmed he is part of a consortium interested in buying West Ham.The Championship side are chasing a play-off place and the takeover story is to break in the Sunday newspapers.

"Basically, I can't say I'm happy having to sit here and chat with you," the former Hammers hit-man told Sky Sports News.

"Certain sections of the media have got hold of the story that is about to break.

LINK

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i heard west ham were valued as little as £7million, but considering the £30m debts, which honestly i dont know how that happened after selling so many players, its a hefty job

TRD

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I thought it was 5million... And to think a couple of years ago it was 10 times that...

I don't know what they are going to do...

TRD

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Carl Fletcher is relishing the chance to step into Robbie Savage's boots in John Toshack's new Wales set-up.

He may not have flowing blond locks or be as up front as his retired former international colleague, but the unassuming West Ham midfielder and Sunderland's Carl Robinson are the players boss Toshack has turned to for his new-look midfield.

Fletcher was in the backwaters at Bournemouth six months ago and has not even started a competitive international for Wales, but the 24-year-old will be plunged into the World Cup double .er with Austria by Toshack in Cardiff on Saturday and then Wednesday in Vienna.

LINK

TRD

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Another one out as Milton Keynes Dons have snapped up Australian defender Trent McClenahan from West Ham United. The Under-21 international centre half has joined The MK Dons until the end of the season. It seems we can recall him at anytime if the need arises. Funny we havn't signed anyone on loan or a permanant deal as we certainly are lacking....

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
well all eyes rest on teddy at the moment lol, when i saw west ham he was the only 1 with the heart and commitment for the claret and blue

TRD

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Teddy has been great for us all season, makes you wonder when a player of his age is our best player. he is something like 4th top scorer in the division aswell...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join